• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Better Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

I am not ready to go spend the money on water cooling but I need better cooling for my cpu. What is a good cooler for a 2.8c p4 on an abit ic7 max 3 mobo? i am hitting about 57c while oc'd that is die temp not chipset so would be about 52c but its still to high either way.

The ThermalRight SP94 is the best copper heatsink, right now!

The next best thing to water cooling.

An 80mm tornado would work better, has less of a dead spot.

However, there was a post about puting the tornado onto another 92mm fan, making an area of air before the HS.. This is supposed to lessen the deadspot. I'm getting a 92mm fan on my way now to test it, hehe.

Warning!

I have the 80mm Tornado. As I am sure you know, it is loud. It WILL get on your nerves after a while, even if controlled by baybus.

Agreed. I have tried both 80mm tornado and 92mm Panaflo on my SP-94. The pitch of the Tornado is annoying.

One word....SWIFTECH!!!!

I have the MCX4000 combined with an 80mm Thermaltake Smart Fan 2 and it is just awsome!!!!!!!

Swiftech also has newer version out now, the MCX478-V. It's basicly the same design as the MCX4000...but with tweaks and it also mounts directly onto the P4 mounting bracket.

Check it out at http://www.swiftnets.com/

My 2cents. :D

-NCB

Back