• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System temp too low?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xstatic

Just got my new system today and altho i had to do a format of c without being able to back anything up im am now up and runnig. But here is the weird part. My system is very cold.

Heres my setup

Barton 2500+ week 24
SLK-900a with tornado 92mm fan (199cfm?)
Abit NF7-s rev 2.0
GForce FX
80 gig HDD
CD-RW
NIC card
400watt PWS
4 80mm system fans. 1 blowing in on the lower front, 1 blowing in and the side, 2 blowing out in the back top.

MBM5 says im at a chilly 14c with a system temp of 30c. Should the cpu be that low? Im useing a silver thermal paste. Not sure of the brand as i picked it up at a local store. 10% silver tho. is this ok? When i check the temps in PChealth in the bios it says the same temps. 13-14c cpu adn 29-30 system. If this is all legit then im very happy. But I dont want to be mislead.

Also im useing 512mb pc2100 memory right now at 2.5-3-3-6 I think. I can check again. I havent tried to messing with the FSB nore the multi at all. Is it possible to get any more speed out of my 2500 with this memory? Still waiting for the 3200 memory to arrive. But i wouldnt mind getting a few extra mhz in the mean time.

Also is there anyother temp monitoring programs out there that are easy to use? MBM5 confuses me.

Thanks for all your help.

Something tells me that your temps are reversed. It should be ~30C for cpu, and ~14C for system. This is more normal. Hope that helps.

this is what i was thinking aswell but in the bios is shows cpu at 12c right now. Could the mobo be mixxed up? I figured mbm5 might be but why would bios report them backards aswell?

Try updating your BIOS, I've no idea of what could caouse this, but a BIOS update might just fix it + it's never a bad thing ti update your BIOS (almost) :p

One more thing 12c sounds a little to low even to be system temp.

Your systemtemp never drops below your roomtemp (not possible with aircooling) and I don't you have 12c or below in your room ;)

Its not warm in my room. I would say its about 60F tops in here. Cool enough to ware sweats and a sweat shirt. But this room is setup to be cool because of my last computer. It ran too hot untill i got a new HS&F.

Still yet the fan on my HS blows 200cfm. That should keep it this cold correct?

Yes I agree. The system temp of 30C looks fine to me, but 12 C is wrong for the CPU. Btw, your 92mm tornado actually makes 119 CFM. On some rebranded Pctoys version of it they made a typo on the box saying 199 CFM.

Does that 12C temp ever change from 12? If you start up the comp it should start out at something and then rise after its been off for a while. Also, it should go up and down depending on what you are doing on the comp. So if it dosent there is something wrong. Sounds like it could be a short to me. Did you get any thermal compound on the mobo or anything? That could be a cause. It could be shorting something.

In the bios, is there a section for "cpu surface temp" and "cpu core temp?" My abit kd7 has that. The surface one in the socket temp, the core one is the diode inside the amd cpu. My "surface" is usually at about 46 and the "core" at about 67. So if yours has that, see if there is more than a 20 degree difference between the two.

Good Luck!
-Amd0Cer

Don't sound good dood... Sounds like your mobo has been smokin them drugs again! Try flashing your bios, that oughta get 'er done... ;) </redneck accent>

My mistake, The bios does say 14 system and 30 cpu. Dunno how i missed that 2 seperate times. Guess i needed sleep both times i checked.

Still those these are great temps tho eh?

And I figured that the 199cfm was wrong. But i didnt understand how the 80mm and the 92mm had the same cfm. So i just took it at its word on the box. Gosh these are sorta loud.

sorta loud LMFAO those are as loud as you can get weee somehit gis amiss though as your room temp is still higher than your cpu temp just not possible with any amount of air you push over it.

hmm now its at 14? There is something wrong with it. Look for your model on the motherboard's website and see if there have been any BIOS updates that address this problem.

Back