• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tweaking my Corsair pc3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jackaroo

Registered
I bought a 512mb stick of Corsair pc3200 ram and I need some advise on how much I can 'tweak' the timings and maintain stability. The model number is CMX512-3500C2 and the default timing is CL 2-3-3-7-T1. So far I tried 2-2-2-11 and when I ran the benchmark tool 'sandra' I get the blue screen of death and have to reboot.

I am going to go with v1.2. Its brand new and it should have been a new shippment from the store I got it from since they are selling them like hot cakes. I bought it from monarchcomputer. is their any possible way to find out this info?

I did notcie one thing, the manual says its 6ns and it benchmarked with the results being 5ns

up the voltage on the ram to 2.7V and see if its ok then

also can u tell us abit more about system like motherboard what cpu u running at what clock speeds thanks

this is cas 2-3-3-7-t1 ram. The motherboard is an abit NF7-S ver2.

What I mean, is keep the RAS to CAS at 3. So try running at 2-3-2-11 timings. I was just trying to solve the instability problem you had a 2-2-2-11.

ok sorry, im noob in ram timing. I wasnt paying attention that you said ras to cas. Ill try that out and post the results.

I managed to get it to 2-3-2-11 and benchmarked it without any problems :). from my results I gained a tad more performance pluss the fsb of the ram went up to 402mhz. would it be important to raise my cpu to 201x11 to match the fsb of the ram or is it to small to realy make a difference?

The 402 is more than likely a display error, it should be 400. Anyway, if you raise your fsb to 201X11, your memory frequency would more than likely read 404. I don't use AMD's, but I don't think adjusting timings affects frequencies.

Basically for every CPU clock there will be a memory clock. If they're appearing different, I'd attribute it to the program you're reading it off of.

Back