• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS7000A-CU or SLK-900U w/ 92 Panaflo 12M?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

Both will cost me about the same but I want the best cooling. Noise is an issue so the Zalman wins there but I don't want to sacrifice too much cooling for it and the Panaflo 12M is as high as I will go for the fan on the 900U. Your thoughts?

i say the SLK, that panaflow isn't going to be very loud either, i have that on my comp.

I have the Zalman and don't think too much of it.
I tried it at first with the included speed controller but that was a joke...in the "silent" mode it is barely marginal as a cooler, in "normal" mode it is too noisy.
I now have it plugged into the motherboard where I use SpeedFan to control it.
I was able to get identical results using my stock AMD HS with a 80mm fan mounted.

Save your money.

I don't use the zalman myself but a friend of mine does.

It does an excellent job at cooling, and it is really quiet compared to my rig, hehe. It's a little tough to put on right since it's sooooo big though.

I have the zalman on a p4 3.0ghz and it's fine. i just plug it into the mobo and leave it at that. It's nearly dead silent. The temps aren't too bad either (i don't have them on me here at work though). There is also the option of modding the zalman with a better fan. Someone on the forum have put a thermaltake smartfan2 into one and it really boosts the preformance.

Back