• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good quality inexpensive PC2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicktg

Where can I get some decent PC2700 for a reasonable price? I want to get two 512s and I'm seeing prices in the 58-60$ area, but when I go to buy it, they're trying to upsell me by saying: "This is generic memory, it's CAS 3, 4-layer, can't guarantee compatibility blah, blah, so get the "good one" for $80 per DIMM. Well at $78 I can get Crucial. I don't know much about RAM and all these specs seem b.s. so they can upsell me. I have a Dell Dimension 2400 2.53 GHz with a 400 FSB. The different sites say that I can't use CAS 3 with this system and that theirs 6 layer, instead of four layer blah, blah. Heeeeeelp!!!!

Well, generic memory sucks in general. kvr333 from Kingston is good low-end memory. It even has life-time warranty. But, it will kost you 75$ for a 512MB stick at newegg... Cheap and good non-generic mem is hard to find... Happy searching!

I was under the impression that Dell set's their memory timings automatically with a CAS Latency of 3.0 (timings of 3-3-3 | CAS-tRCD-tRP). To find memory that's compatable, you could send a quick e-mail to Dell Support.

Back