• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-s and Dule Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oo_7

Good evening there...

Well today i got myself 2x512 PC3200 Corsair Ram Bricks. I wanted to try out the Dule Memory on my NF7-s. I put the Bricks into DIMM2 and DIMM3 sockets... BUT if i do this my pc will not boot up and i get afew Long Beeps......

I now have the ram in DIMM1 and DIMM2 and all seems to be running well, but i would like to make use of the Dule Memory...

I have read the manual, but it does not really help much...

Thx in advance.

oo_7

Yes, you should start from dimm 1 and then 2 etc. Check in your BIOS, im sure there is an option in there somewhere. I really dont know much about it though. Ill try to see what I can find and ill be back. Btw, next time this would go in the motherboards section. It is memory related, but this question is more towards the motherboard ;) What im saying really is that the people in the ABIT motherboards section probably know how to do this, but not all people who browse the memory section will ;)

It has to be in 1 or 2 and 3. If you have BIOS version after 14 it will allert you that you are in DC.

So one stick has to be in DIMM3 and the other one can be in either DIMM1 or DIMM2.

Hope that makes sense.

{PMS}fishy said:
It has to be in 1 or 2 and 3. If you have BIOS version after 14 it will allert you that you are in DC.

So one stick has to be in DIMM3 and the other one can be in either DIMM1 or DIMM2.

Hope that makes sense.

Yip that is makes sense and i have tryed that option. But like i said, my pc will not boot if i have one in DIMM3 and another in eather DIMM1/2... just get afew long Beeps :-(

@md0Cer, i was unsure where to post this one, as it concerned both Memory and MainBoard.. ;-)

I will take your advice and ask this in the ABIT section of the Forum...

Thx oo_7

oh dont worry about it if its already here, I was just tellin you so for next time. Its ok. :)

I downloaded the motherboard manual and i agree, that is the worst thing i have ever read all it did was mention that the board had it and said nothing about it later in the manual. Ugh i hate poorly written manuals.

So it was in DIMM 3 and 1 and it still didnt work? Thats odd. Im not going to say any more in this thread though becuase i know nothing about this. All i know is that Abit's literautre sucks. Its great compared to jetway but.....................

Sounds like the RAM doesn't like running DC at 200mhz FSB. Try to drop it down and see if you can get it to work. If not then you might need to get some other RAM.

If it works a slower FSB speeds than you can try to up the VDD or the VDIMM to see if you can get it to run 200mhz DC Sync.

{PMS}fishy said:
Sounds like the RAM doesn't like running DC at 200mhz FSB. Try to drop it down and see if you can get it to work. If not then you might need to get some other RAM.

If it works a slower FSB speeds than you can try to up the VDD or the VDIMM to see if you can get it to run 200mhz DC Sync.

Its not running at 200 fsb, i have put the fsb to stock at the moment to test out my new graphic card.
It is wierd, i will pop over and ask on the ABIT forum, and see if they can tell me whats up. The mobo is only 3days old, the memory i got yesterday....Dam PCs...lol

Thx anyway guys.:)

Back