• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Filter question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoubleJ8

I have some cut up pantyhose to use as a filter for my intake fans. My question is, which would impead airflow and LESS, pantyhose on the intake side or on the blow side? I figured it would be easier for the fan to suck the air through the filter than to blow it through the filter but I don't know for sure.

I would recommend using loose fiberglass furnace filter material. You can get it at Home Depot for a few bucks. Place the filter on the intake side.

Loose fiberglass? Is that the same as the air conditioning stuff? Hmm...

Um...yeah, what part of Spokane do both of you guys live in? :)

i had pantyhose on my old case, was a pain to clean and got dirty fast..
m antec case came with a washible filter, which rocks.
i don't know wahts it made of, but they sell it seperatly.

I used to live on 9th and Adams on the South Hill, then I moved to Browne's Addition, then I got the hell out of that P.O.S. town and moved to the west side of the state.

iLLestOne said:

filters do restrict airflow quite a bit.. as for noise, in my own experiance, it actually seems to damper the sound of a fan a bit.
in the long run it depends on how good ur fan is, and how well it preforms at higher static pressures.

Back