• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best pc 4000 ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vincent_1985

can u guys help me which is the best pc 4000 ram out there? i do over clock.

the only one si can get locally (no need to ship)

are the OCZ PC4000 EL Dual Channel DDR Kit GOLD Edition.

but if there are better ones or cheaper and better or whatever i'd like to take a look!

thanks!

I'd take a look at some of the memory reviews anandtech has done here. There's a couple with benchmarks of some of the new PC4000 stuff. By the way, I hope you aren't planning on using this in an AMD system. From what I've read, it isn't worth it.

I plan to buy 2x256 of Geil PC4000, they also have the 4200 now. And I have to agree anything over 3700 is a waste on AMD, 3500 at least good stuff will get you to the top on an AMD platform in most cases, at least thats what I found out.

Since I moved to a 2.4C I have tried HyperXPC4000, not that great sold it to get some geil 4000 reviews seem good

Cisco KId

vincent_1985 said:
opps forgot to mention thi sis a p4 system

Good... Anyway, if I were building a new system, I'd go with Corsair ram. Just my 2 cents. Not that they're worth much. :)

Corsair has trouble running at their rated frequencies. I'd get Mushkin if you want better timings, or Kingston for a better OC. Haven't looked much into Geil or Buffalo, might do that tonight.

currently have kingston pc3200

but it's at it's limit already need soemthing with a higher speed.

I use Geil. See sig for rig. I am @ 532mhz right now w/ vdimm of 3.05V. My cpu is maxed out @ 266FSB so I do not know how high the Geil will really go (no other CPU on hand to test with right now)

OCZ 4000 is great

I highly recommend the OCZ. I have had mine up to 270mhz with only 2.8V and it will take up to 3.0v within warranty. I think that this is the best 1:1 value out there.

musk

if you can find some pc3200 with the hynix bt-d43 chips get it. ocz hand picks these chips currently for their brand new very expensive pc 4500.

Back