• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taking Ram passed rated MHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

How far can i take my ram on a 1:1 ratio passed the stock mhz. I am currently running pc3500 ram. Now this isnt cas lat 2 ram stock its generic but atm i am running it at 1:1 ratio at 440mhz and so far so good on stability. Just wondering how fast in general I can take it.

most the time you shouldn't it's a tricky thing to do and when u do do it you have to pump in voltages later.

memory is generally very touchy. better jsut to leave it than to mod it.

Really that depends somewhat on the memory. Any idea who made the chips? With loose timings you could probably still get a decent amount out of it.

Not sure who make the chip set would have to pop the heat spreader to find out who makes the chipset. I have no volt addage on the ddr now but if its touchy i can just go back to ocing at 5:4 ratio and pumping up the fsb as high as i can get it but i swear its gotta be cooling that is holding me back.

i have my pc3500 running at 460mhz 2-2-2-6 f1/u/a/d/d but im pumping it with 3.2v and its mushkin lvl2 dont know what voltage you have on your ram atm but most ddr sticks are fine up to 2.8v

Depends on the memory really, though if its Winbond BH-5 chips they are well known OCers esp at high voltages (even upwards of 3.2), if not you may get lucky and get really high. Just slowly move up, you when get errors move it down and stress test it.

Back