• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another ASUS voltage thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoeStooge

I've got a few questions about the P4C800E and its crazy voltage problems.

Based on what others have posted am I right to assume that it's okay for the Vcore to be higher than what its supposed to be at idle and lower than what is should be under load?

Is this behavior unique to these boards and if so, should I be manually setting the Vcore to account for the swings?

Are these voltage swings actually occuring or is the voltage monitor just flaky?

Are the voltages reported by the CPU-ID and motherboard monitor programs correct? The reason I ask is that in the bios I am getting between 1.536V and 1.568V for my 1.525V setting. In CPU-ID/MBM I am getting between 1.589 and 1.6V at idle and 1.488 and 1.584V under load.

Given the choices I would assume the bios to be the most accurate. Yes you should manually set your vcore to compensate as far as stability is concerned. If you are getting errors running prime95(under load) , then you might try upping the vcore a little. If you are using stock cooling try not to exceed 1.65v. for extended periods.
if you have water cooling or good after market air then 1.7v. becomes the danger zone.

So basically the problem with high volts is just heat? Which idle wouldn't be generating much heat anyway, and a volt drop under load would lower temps some too. But you will actually fry the cpu with too much voltage, about 1.75 right?

Back