• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vincent_1985

where do i find/edit my memory timings?

I checked in the bios all i find in my bios is

AGP/PCI/SRC frequency -what is this?
it also has the clock speed and multiplier which goes from 1.33, 1.66, and 2

ok first of all it would be very helpful to know what Motherboard you are using as that will greatly help those willing to help you.

I'm going to generalise now as most motherboards i have used seem to follow ruffly the same format when it comes to BIOS GUI's.

1st go into your BIOS screen and scroll down to
" Advanced Chipset Features" once this has opened your looking for the following settings to change:

T (RAS)
T (RCD)
T (RP)
CAS Latency

If your using low end/budget memory you will need to be very careful as it is very easy to fry your memory or boot failures.

Have you tried looking where I said or for the settings that I posted above?

For my gigabyte mobo I have to press Ctrl+F1 to get all the extra goodies in the bios, like ram timings.

ctrl+1 in the bios?

i'll try that out!

i hope it works currently at work so can't do much right now. but i pray it works what gigabyte mobo model do u have?

Let us know how you get on also let tell us what memory you are using as that will help us with estimates and settings for your rig.

Back