• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are these pots okey?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why did you need to use superglue? I'm intreged as how they arte placed in your case now! You should be able to find the specs for the potentiometers on the manufactures website.

Heres a link that should help you.It gives the rheostat rating for your project.I went to radio shack yesterday and bought a 25 Ohm - 3 watt Rheostat and wired it in on my new Panaflo U1A
92mm HSF.The only thing i did diff. than the guide was to connect the lead I didn't use to the center post on the rheostat.
THE FANMAN:cool:

GUIDE LINK :D

thanks for the link fanman! :)

FarEast said:
Why did you need to use superglue? I'm intreged as how they arte placed in your case now! You should be able to find the specs for the potentiometers on the manufactures website.

well.. the ystech fans come with the pot. and a plastic knob preinstalled. i made holes in one of my bay covers and tried to glue them in, since i couldn't take off the numbs, it made it more difficult and i had to glue the base of the pot. i'm still trying to figure out how it leaked inside, but i has. whenever you turn it, u hear a crackling sound and it goes from Off - High which sucks because it maxes out at like 45dba!

You cant use those little pots.Ran in to that yesterday,when I installed my Panaflo U1A.I wired one of those up and it did what you are discribing.So I went to Radio Shack and bought a 25 ohm
3 watt Rheostat.Its good for up to 10 watts worth of fans.You get my drift.Now my Panaflo can be adjusted as need be.If you
decide to get one let me know! THE FANMAN:cool:

PS: Cost me $3.99 + tax

up to 10 watts eh?
hm..
so i could probably hook up both (6 watts)
would u recommend putting a heatsink on it since its going up over the recommended wattage?

Your good to 10 watts .No need to put a heatsink.The link I gave earlier explains the nessacery rheostat.It also shows how to do if you dont know how.:D You'll be ok on 2 fans.Just dont get to close to the max of 10 watts.Leave some head room.THE FANMAN:cool:

Why not try using a 'glue gun'... Super/Crazy glue can be real hard to remove if needed.
<edit> Be careful with the 'glue gun', the glue is very hot.

DaWiper said:
Why not try using a 'glue gun'... Super/Crazy glue can be real hard to remove if needed.
<edit> Be careful with the 'glue gun', the glue is very hot.

i've been known to do a lot of stupid things (don't quote me on that :p)
never thought about using a glue gun, but i'll try it.
meh, glue gun isn't that hot, i got heat resistent skin :D

Dog,The rheostat will handle 3 times its watt rating.So if you had 3 X 3watts on each fan =9 watts.You could even do that if need be. One 3 watt rheostat will handle 10 watts of load.The Ohms
are important also.It explains it in the top of the guide I linked you
to earlier. THE FANMAN:cool:

Then hook 2 fans to it and play it safe. THE FANMAN:cool:

All we need to do is insert a rheostat or variable resistor in the 12V wire to the fan. The rheostat should be rated at least 3 Watt, (for fans up to 10Watt), and have a resistance of 20 – 50 Ohms. If you are using this mod on your CPU fan then use the 20 ohm rheostat to prevent fan stall at the slowest speed setting.

Last edited:
Back