• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Card temp monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ad Rock

Do any of you know if there is a temp monitor that goes in your PCI slot? Like you can attach 4 diodes to it and it will display the temps in a program on your desktop instead of on a seperate LCD screen. I want something like this because I plan on running a dual monitor setup with a small 7" LCD to monitor temps and select mp3's and whatnot. I would like to be able to get the most accurate temps possible as I know the mobo diodes are sometimes inaccurate.

I suppose if you had the skills you could make a serial or parallel one, but I havent seen a PCI one yet.

you could mount the PCB for it in a PCIO slot and maybe even get the power it needs from the PCI slot. sounds like a fun project if you have the knowledge.

:)

Hrmmm that might be out of my skill level :p . But I do have a few electical engineer friends who I am sure could proboly help me produce something along that lines. Who knows if we do a good enough job maybe I can fill a void in the market :)

Yah it looks interesting but what I really want is for the temps to be displayed via a software app on my desktop like motherboard monitor. Basically I want motherboard monitor but I want to be able to hook my own temp diodes into the software since I hear the ones on Abit's boards are rather inacurate. Also it would be cool to hook one up to your ram and various other items just to see the temp differences.

This is all that is out there ,thru a google search.Looks like you might need to give your bud,s a call and build one.Best of luck,
THE FANMAN:cool:

Well guess what I found exactly what I was looking for.
http://pages.tca.net/roelof/t2mbm/
Now I just hope he is still making these for people to purchase. You can add up to 500 sensors onto this and MBM will control them all. This means I can start monitoring silly things like my Ram temperature and what not should be fun. :D

THANKS, for the link.Looks like a future project.Except my mobo
isn't on MBM 5 mobo list! :D Oh,well such is life, THE FANMAN:cool:

PS: He was looking for the PCI card!

Essentially, YES it does exist.. BUT the only ones I know off are by Texas Instruments, and are not aimed at el-cheap OC fan, but for professional use.

I suggest you check out TI for that kinda stuff. But don't expect it to be <500 USD.

Cheers, Flix

flixotide said:
Essentially, YES it does exist.. BUT the only ones I know off are by Texas Instruments, and are not aimed at el-cheap OC fan, but for professional use.

I suggest you check out TI for that kinda stuff. But don't expect it to be <500 USD.

Cheers, Flix

Yah I saw the texas instruments on and I think it was something like $800. Luckly I found that board that can monitor 500 temps and run off your parrallel port.

That has been an idea of mine for a long time. I just don't have the skills to make it. Now I know it exists. Maybe I'll try getting that. Ad Rock, "Nothin' sounds quiite like an 8-0-8!"

hahah if its possible it would be cool you should do agoogle search and seee what comes up id like to see that but i dont like to many wires going to a PCI slot?

Hrmmm I dont meen to be rude or anything but why do people keep telling me to do a google search? If you would read the thread you would see that I found what I was looking for :rolleyes: . Its not a big deal but posting something like do a google search over and over when I have already found the product seems like a waste of time and bandwith :p. Just please read the thread before posting. Thanks again to everyone that tried to help me.

Back