• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to lose 3C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XunknownX

Disabled
I had this over in alternative modding, but what I've found out relates to cooling. I used an 83mm hole saw (couldn't find 80mm) to cut a hole in front of my case. I had a front intake fan where there were a series of small holes for the fan to bring in the outside air, but apparently it was too constricting.

Well anyways, to the point, after all was said and done, it lowered my idle and load temps roughly 3C. So if your comp runs cooler with the side panel off, I highly recommend doing this to improve cooling.

Here's a pic.

IM000234.jpg

I had one of those old Alienware styles cases a while ago. Didn't have the side window but I still loved it. Except for when I had to take the front bezel off. You ever designed that screw setup for the front must have been on another world. I have never seen anything more difficult or frustrating before. That’s great your temps were able to drop that much. I noticed a difference when I just removed the stock grills. I like what you did its looks sweet :cool:

Back