• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ai7 Nic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arch

Can someone tell me what NIC is on the AI7? I know its a Realtek NIC, but which one is it specifically?

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

That's what it says on my General Tab when I go to properties in Device Manager. It's basically a 10/100 autosensing PCI NIC. Also, check the abit-usa.com website. Anything else you want to know?

Nope, that should do it. I ordered up an AI7 from ZipZoomFly last night. I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I got mine installed last night. It went flawlessly. There's more room around the cpu socket than my MAX3. The nic has been running great. There is an updated driver out already. The uGuru is kinda nice, but limited. I do notice on boot up it's slightly slower than my MAX3. However, I can do tighter 1:1 mem timings and have shaved a few secs off my best super-pi scores. I'm going for PCMark02 next once I'm done priming.

You won't regret getting this board, plus none of the vdimm issues of the MAX3. I just wish it was 875 and not 865. On cpu-z, performance mode shows disabled then it shows 5:4 enabled while i'm 1:1. I'm sure a bios fix will eliminate this. The ditigal display on the board is nice for troubleshooting. And it has the same southbridge with the Intel RAID 0 setup which went flawlessly as well. Make sure you have a long enough floppy cable since the floppy connector on the board is in an odd place.

Finally, I noticed that Abit-EQ seems to read temps a bit lower than the MAX3. Must also be another fix. Enjoy.

Did you get the updated driver from Abit's web-site? I had to ask. Try a different cable, maybe it's that simple....

my friend wants to get a 2.4C with the AI7 and Enermax 350W (Whisper) PSU. He already got Kingston HyperX PC3200 Ram (2x256)

Will the PSU be enough for a stable overclock at 3.0Ghz ? also, do most of the 2.4C's overclock to 3.0Ghz or is like 50/50 chance or less?

imo, his setup is pretty good, but I just wanna know if there are any compatibility issues before he buys the mobo, cpu and psu.

Lith, a 350w PS is about minimum, but those Enermax ones are good, so it should work ok since the goal is a modest O/C. I'd say 95% of the 2.4C CPUs should do 3 gig (250 FSB). If you run the RAM with the 5:4 ratio, that drops it down to DDR400, which is exactly what it's rated for, so your buddy should be able to use tight RAM timings. Should be a good setup.

batboy said:
Lith, a 350w PS is about minimum, but those Enermax ones are good, so it should work ok since the goal is a modest O/C. I'd say 95% of the 2.4C CPUs should do 3 gig (250 FSB). If you run the RAM with the 5:4 ratio, that drops it down to DDR400, which is exactly what it's rated for, so your buddy should be able to use tight RAM timings. Should be a good setup.

Awesome, thanks for the help. He was thinking of doing the exact same thing :)

Back