• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tidying up all the wires in my case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

Whats the best way to keep all your wires tidy?
I tried sorting them out but it still looks bad..

Picture003.jpg

What do you think?
Any tips on keeping them tidy, i want air to circulate better without wires getting in the way

Last edited:
Make sure you don't bash that exposed processor when rearranging stuff :eek:

You can get braided sleeving material that can go around the molex leads from your PSU, (this invlolves taking off the molexes) or simple cable coil wrap.

You could try stealthing wires - running them along the back of the case, down the sides or whatever.

As for the HD cables, they are big and bulky, which is why I have rounded ones :D

L337 M33P said:
Make sure you don't bash that exposed processor when rearranging stuff :eek:

You can get braided sleeving material that can go around the molex leads from your PSU, (this invlolves taking off the molexes) or simple cable coil wrap.

You could try stealthing wires - running them along the back of the case, down the sides or whatever.

As for the HD cables, they are big and bulky, which is why I have rounded ones :D

My heatsink comes either on monday or tuesday =[
as for now I'm using a 3.06B which is totally unclockable because of the motherboard (Intel D845GERG2)

How permanent do you feel that your set up is?

If you are fairly sure that things wont change a whole lot, one of the easiest ways to clean up the wiring is to cut off the wires to the exact length that you need.
While the connectors are off, sleeving and heatshrink is very easy.
New Molex's can be purchased at Radio Shack.
That way you don't have inches and inches of extra wiring to try and conceal.

Zip ties are your friend

Don't forget to head to Radio Shack for some sticky back wire mounts, they work really well for routing/keeping wires where you want 'em :D

The bulk of my unused PSU wires are zip-tied to the underside of the top of my case, out of view.

Good Luck
elec.tron

me i just used tape on mine, like my cd audio cable i needed for my aiw card i just shortened it, and i rounded my ide cables and wrapped up the power cables in flourescent duck tape and did all sorts of tucking the wires under things in the case, and stuff like that.

i'm gonna go for sleeving, it's pretty clean even if you have a lot cuz it still looks snazzy haha

the rest i try to stealth behind my mobo or into unused 5" trays hide them in there hehe.

sometimes it can't be helped depending on ur setup so sleeving works well.

like my comp it can be helped there is bound to be quite a bit of wires in the front gonna work on how i'm gonna make it all stealthed behind the case.

sometimes you can EXtend the wires so that you can run them along the walls to a hidden location.

most the times i find that the wires are just the nuisance size of being medium it's better to have them longers so i can run them somewhere further. Or having it smalled do less bundling haha.

but it alwasy come sin medium!

squeakygeek said:
For the molex connectors, I would reccomend SVC: http://www.svc.com/uvread.html

I'm not sure what Ripshack, excuse me, Radioshack charges for them, but everything there is overpriced.... and these are UV-reactive at 50 cents each via the Y- adapter :)

Cool shiny colors.. any idea if there is an internet store that sells these kind of equipment in the EU area? It would be a pain to start ordering that stuff from the US.

what size sleeving should i buy if i want to do this. i wouldn't be interested in taking apart all of my molex connectors. i would just sleeve and use zip ties to do it as painlessly as possible. any suggestions?

y0bailey said:
what size sleeving should i buy if i want to do this. i wouldn't be interested in taking apart all of my molex connectors. i would just sleeve and use zip ties to do it as painlessly as possible. any suggestions?

I'm not so sure that would turn out so well, because the molex connectors are so much bigger than the 4 wires. I imagine the task would be pretty easy with the pin extractor that SVC carries, but they are currently sold out, and it's a bit on the expensive side at 7 bucks or so.

y0bailey said:

it comes it foots shoudl buy like 8 feet of it and if u have extra use it on soem other stuff.

better safe then sorry.

also instead of capped the ends with zip ties try electrical tape makes the end look a bit better and tighter.

Back