• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Lanboy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_details_enclosure.php?ProdID=15001

SuperLanboy_front.jpg

curious, this is a nice looking case with wicked 120 mm fan mounts and an unobstructed front grill.
im thinking og picking one of these things up as its only $129 and comes with the fans i need to cool it well ^^.
has anyone seen a review of this case? all the reviews i see are for the lanboy orignial, which is also nice, but not as nice looking as this one.

Kinda pricey seeing as it doesn't come with a power supply, don't you think? But, then again so are the Xaser's. Looks like it's got a lot of cooling potential though.

I have this case and I'm very happy with it so far. I haven't modded it yet. But I plan on cutting out the eggcrate grills for the front and rear fans as well as getting a finger guard for the front fan. FYI, the front grille is removeable and the case IMHO looks much better without that cheap plastic junk hanging off the front. If you search under my name, I've posted a few pics of the bare case without the grill if you wanted to see what it looks like.

im going to order one from memory express today. its $129.99 cdn. this includes 2 120 mm fans, one with leds. so i dont consider this to be too expensive at all. its about $200 with a 400 watt antec psu which i want later. a good all aluminum case and psu costs about this much and this one is somewhat more portable.
I love this case design just from pictures, and that 120 mm mount for fans in its face offers supreme watercooling potential right out of the box. i might cut a 120 mm hole in the side for a fan if i do that though.
i like the look of the *cheap plastic bezel* on the front honestly, it looks better than some cheap wire grill. I want my pc to be very clean if possible, this is a clean, tiny case that i think will have tons of potential ;). i look forward to it. and hey, it has a carrying strap XD.

Hey Valk I know this is a little off suject,but I though you might
want to see this.I see you are in the search for better and more economical cooling solutions. THE FANMAN:cool:

LINK :D

incidently, do those front audio ports plug into all motherboards? ie, the nf7-s? im using the onboard now to compare with my sound blaster live.

*edit* I wonder... you can buy the vapo chill system as a stand a lone unit... wonder if it could be made to fit into the drive potions of this case ;) simply make a new bracket for hard drives int he bottom back of the case, since i dont use any other pci devices ;).
a vapochilled lanboy would certainly turn some heads. how big is the vapochill system?

Last edited:
im not exactly a lanner, but i like this case for a few reasons, the 120mm fans are really nice, its nice and small, so i can actually display it on top of my desk..versus my full twoer which would be much too large, has a window to show of the future max3 mobo, and is aluminum...i think this case coupled with a 530 watt fortron psu would be a nice combo, if the slk-3700BQE had a window id probably go with that case, though.

this is great because maaaan. trying to take a standard tower on the plane is pure hell. its big, its bulky, barely fits in overhead storage. this is a little shorter, and a little less wide. its super light and it comes with a carrying strap. i dont go to lan parties, if i want to play games with a lot of people, i call them down to the arcade for some ddr or somthing.

On the subject of the cold plate check these out.They have several configurations.If I'm bugging you let me know. I like to look for and read this sort of things.Like to share with others.
THE FANMAN:cool:

LINK

I just grabbed one of these from Newegg for $85US (on sale), nice looking case IMHO, and those 2 fans ought to move some air at a low DB level. I'm not really thrilled about the size of the window, it's gonna make it tougher to hide stuff, wires/cc's ect, a little bit smaller would have been better. Other than that, a little lower price and removable mobo tray would make this a killer case.
It's going to live at someone else's house though, i'm not sure I could ever go back to a case without a removable mobo tray ;)
elec.tron

you really like these things dont you ;). they look like standard waterblocks to me, but all copper machined water blocks would work better. im kinda getting interested in this whole phase change theory. there was a neat thread over here;http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241697
Perhaps a toned down phase change system for temperatures of 0-10 c. the theory is pretty simple o_O.
bleh, i need memory express to open up so i can order my damn case ^^;; im wondering if i should splurge on a cathode while im at it.

*edit* I actully quite wish it had a removeable tray. i have a cheapy $20 case right now that had it and its sooo useful. but there are very few reasons for me to have to remove my motherboard anymore. when i was in a mad overclocking binge with my 1600+, i removed the mobo to fiddle with my heatsink and shat, but the contact i have on my tbred is perfect. thus, i have no need to remove anything. what im curious about, is where to stuff away a cathode =| that window is quite large. i was tempted to get a cathode for my cpu fan again, but those tend to die pretty good for some reason.

Last edited:
Damn that's a nice case, it's nice to see Antec has realised that keeping the front grill unobstructed will increase airflow. Most of the time cases have fans in the front with a piece of plastic where the intake should be. This one looks great, although I still love the Raidmax case that was reviewed a couple weeks ago on the main site.

well. moving cases is actully quite a big job. but heh, this is the first one i have had that is like, nicely designed. I think its a little flmisy compared to my other tank cases, but man... this thing is hella light. I took it out of the box and was like... wtf. the images depicting people holding it with one hand, well yes. you can. even a fully assembled pc in this case you can hold with one hand and the carrying strap is a wonderful addition.

a lack of a mobo tray was a little patience testing as trying to get the board into the case with not only the back mounted fan, but the front panel wiring was a little bit horrific. What i REALLY like though, is the drive trays that this case comes with. it has 4 removable sleds for hard drives that are mounted in such a way that you can hide the wiring behind the internal drive bays VERY well. just screw the drive to the vibration daping sled and drop it in, *click*

the ide cables, power cables, fan cables, front panel cables, everything fits nicely underneath the internal drive bays, allowing unobstructed air flow from the front fan.

the only problem i have with this case so far, is that the included fans really suck. I moved the led fan into the case to function as exuast. this was a bit of a challenge as the front fan is conveniently mounted. it has a plug for the standard 3 pin connector built right into the face. the rear fan does not, it just uses a molex. after careful stuffing under the front grill, it fits and is no problem.

I think a set of 120 mm panaflows would be best for this case, however, those thermaltake smart case fans in 120 mm would be sweet too. if you like led fans. I personally dont like the led fans already... they look kinda cheap.

let me just reitterate how much i love the drive bays ;)
this case rules and hell, its so light. i can lift it with a single hand with everything in it.
good buy.

Back