• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier in a non traditional way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aeon Flux

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, AS I HAVE A OUTST
I was thinking the other day. I got a peltier laying around here thats to strong at full voltage for me to use. I dont have anything strong enough to cool it. I recently put it on a 5 volt rail which lowers it to a 33 watt peltier to use on a video card. It was cold enough to freeze the video card. ANyway I got another heatpipe for my video card and still have no use for my pelt.

I was thinking of taking the fan off my heatsink on my CPU and attaching the peltier to the heatsink. In turn I was going to attach another small heatink to the peltier and cool it with a low RPM SILENT fan. I think this would pump heat away from the heatsink cooling the heatsink as well as a fan would. In turn I would get a silent system for parts I have laying around and dont have to spend money on anything. And I have a few extra hundred watts I can use on my second power supply. More then anough for a 33 watt pelt. What do you guys think?

Not a good idea. The peltier will produce more heat that needs to be removed. You also need a large flat surface in order for the pelt to transfer heat well to heatsink - you couldn't do this on the HS attached to the vid card.

What video card are you using? What wattage is the pelt rated?

Back