• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper X RAM question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

viking84

A quick question on my RAM....I just purchased a set of dual channel Hyper X PC3000 (1 gig). I was trying to see if it would run at its rated speed of 2-2-2, and was using the program CPU-Z to check it out.

When I call it up on the memory tab, it shows both DIMM 1 and DIMM 2 as being Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC2700, not PC3000. I am currently running at 166 mhz with a XP1800 processor on an Asus a7n8x mobo.

Is this a glitch with the program, or am I not setting something correctly for the ram to be seen at its proper speed. The sticker and package said that it was PC3000.

Thanks for you assistance

You're correct, it has to do with the speed it is being run at.

My POST screen calls my HyperX PC2700 PC3200 because I'm running it at 209 FSB.

Edit: CpuZ still recognizes my PC2700 as PC2700. It may be a limitation of the program.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it won't run at it rated speed. I doubt this will be the case considering my experience with this PC2700 (it has been able to run at the tightest timings up to 214 FSB 2.8 v).

Anyone else experience this with CPUz?

thanks for the feedback, guys, and thanks for the link

gonna start cranking it up some to see what it will do:)

I think it has to do with the fact that PC3000 and PC3500 i.e. aren't official standards. So it SPD's to PC2700 eventhough that RAM will run faster.

i'm running my pc3000 at 215 and it calls it pc2700. it is the program. but it really doesn' make a dif to me.

and like stated above it isn't a standard.

Back