• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aerocool hs????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noob_123

never seen this heatsink b4. says its universal. it looks huge and holds 2 fans.. what do u guys think about it? and how does it compare to the thermaltake sp94?

link

i don't really consider it a heatsink it's more based around a super powerful fan! haha

supposed to flow good but i'd stick with the sp94!

better to be used as just a case fan!

Looks like it would make a good paper wieght.No way it can even come close to the Thermalrights line of HSs.Stick with the best or
need I quote the test. THE FANMAN:cool:

New large heatpipe in the center...heat spreading upwards~sideways actually much faster than through copper. Its on sale finally!....have been waiting for that. Potentially it could be a VERY good performer. Would work very good in conjunction with a duct as well. I really would like to see how it performs compared to the slk~sp series of thermalright heatsinks but also how it would perform with a LOT of cfms say a 172mm comair rotron ducted through it hehe.

Last edited:
wildfrogman said:
New large heatpipe in the center...heat spreading upwards~sideways actually much faster than through copper. Its on sale finally!....have been waiting for that. Potentially it could be a VERY good performer. Would work very good in conjunction with a duct as well. I really would like to see how it performs compared to the slk~sp series of thermalright heatsinks but also how it would perform with a LOT of cfms say a 172mm comair rotron ducted through it hehe.
i don't know man..
never been happy with the preformance of heatpipes..
maybe it would be good for peltiers considering the large heatpipe

I was meaning sideways as in horizontal to the ground....since the socket is vertical. These heatsinks should perform very well, they will be part of Intel's new case spec that is after ATX...mobo is horizontal and this heatsink has 2 80~92mm fans pulling air through it exhausting out the backside of the case. These heatsinks MAY perform better vertical rather than horizontal....just how they are designed, would be interesting to see how it actually performs though.

can't see how they would transfer better horizontal or vertical..
all the blocks that depend on just heatpipes don't do so well.
thermalright is better because of the combination of both methods, the sp94

There seem to be so many differing opinions on heatpipes..

Oh well, you gotta admit they must atleast do ~something~ due to the sp-94/97 getting approx 2c lower temps than the slk-947u !!

Korndog said:
all the blocks that depend on just heatpipes don't do so well.

Really? This site and frostytech both reviewed the thermal transtech heatsink, which is similar in design to this one, and with two mid-speed 70mm fans, it was right up there with the SLKs. Both sites were very pleased with it.

The heatpipe-core design works very well because of the fact that it evacuates heat from where it needs to be dissipated most into the fins faster than any solid block ever could.

squeakygeek said:

The heatsink that we have been discussing does not come with a fan.

OMG, dont mean to offend but you really should read the link (spec of the hs). It says it used with 2 set of fans, sure it doesnt come with fans, neither does SLK800A. SO would you dare to use it without fans??

Anyway, back to the topic. I would wait for some real good trusty reviews comes out b4 buying it. WHy? i've seenmay "cool" HS designs in the past but thier performaces are just crap.

Just my 2cent,
MameXP

MameXP said:

OMG, dont mean to offend but you really should read the link (spec of the hs). It says it used with 2 set of fans, sure it doesnt come with fans, neither does SLK800A. SO would you dare to use it without fans??

Anyway, back to the topic. I would wait for some real good trusty reviews comes out b4 buying it. WHy? i've seenmay "cool" HS designs in the past but thier performaces are just crap.

Just my 2cent,
MameXP

ummm..... you need to go back and read up...

Vincent_1985:
i don't really consider it a heatsink it's more based around a super powerful fan! haha

supposed to flow good but i'd stick with the sp94!

better to be used as just a case fan!

Me:
What are you talking about? There is no fan...

Vincent_1985:

Me:
The heatsink that we have been discussing does not come with a fan.

All I said is that it doesn't come with a fan... so I don't really see where you're coming from.

I am also still lost with Vincint_1985's posts.

Back