• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin or OCZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FM53

Registered
Hi guys and thanks for letting me join your forum. I have been reading quite alot of the threads and posts here and find the information to be very good. I do have a question for you guys right off the bat though. I recently ordered some Mushkin PC3500 Level II and have been running with my 2800+ Barton and A7N8X Deluxe Rev 1.04 but have had some issues with the board so I oredered a ABIT NF7-S because of the good things I have heard about it. My question is this, I have a few days to return the Mushkin for a full refund, and I have been reading about the OCZ PC 3500 Platinum Limited Edition and all the good things about it. I would like some input as to whether I should stay with the Mushkin for this new board, or try the OCZ and see how that works. One thing is, I bought the Mushkin through Mushkin and I can actually buy it for less from NewEgg. Like almost $80.00 less. So at any rate, I was going to return it and if I do purchase it again, I would almost be paying for the new mobo with the money I saved. Could you guys give me your honest input as to whether or not I should switch to the OCZ. I have until tomorrow to decide.

Thanks,
Jim

The OCZ sells for a bit more then the Mushkin Level 2 at NewEgg. Performance-wise, they are nearly identical. The variences are mostly between each stick themselves, and not the company that assembles them. If you want to go through the delay of sending your current memory back to Mushkin and purchasing through NewEgg, then either brand (Mushkin or OCZ) will be just as good.

Good luck on whatever you choose:)

I have the mushkin lvl 2 from newegg and couldnt be happier, however it seems that as long as you get the bh-5 chips on the ram both companies are pretty much equal and they are the only one garenteeing these chips. The real thing like speed said is the delay of sending your ram back to mushkin and then making the new purchase

I also love mushkin. I just recently ordered some off of newegg and couldn't be happier. Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks, all of you. I really appreciate the help and input. Would it be wrong of me to return these sticks to Mushkin because I can find them elsewhere at $80.00 less?

I don't see anything wrong with it. alternitavely you can ask mushkin if they will pricematch the new egg price.

Back