• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lan problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acidburn2019

Registered
I have a p4c800-e deluxe and on their website it says I have a gigabit lan but under my network connections I have 2 different connections. 1 is 400 mb/s and the other is 100 mb/s now I don't know if it's supposed to be like this but is there anything I can do to increase this for faster speeds?

The 400mb/s is a firewire connection you can hool up two computers together with a firewire cable

I'm guessing that it says 100mb/s because whatever network you are on is only 100mb/s

If you are on a gigabit lan then it is proably a windows problem and i would ask in that forum

Mine is a P4P800. But FWIW I reinstalled my old $15.00 lan card and disabled the onboard lan. Not only did my connection(download) speeds increase but random errors and reboots of unknown origin stopped.

Back