• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC27000 Settings to o/c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djaydida

Registered
I have tryed overclockers.com, and pcpitstop to get some help with o/c my new system. but to no avial. Can anyone here help me. I see alot on o/cing amd system. but what about the ones like mine. i know some about pcs, and can get around in my bios. but alot of the settings i'm seeing in this form, i don't have in my bios. My default setup is CPU@ 100, and Memory @ 333, is this correct or should i change it.

MS 6547
SIS645 chipset
P4 1.8 N
512 mb ddr PC2700

what shoul i set my settings for this board too, in order to o/c

First off, you need to learn more about whats in your system, not just the names and models of parts installed.
Like the memory, who makes it? Micron, Corsair, Mushkin, kingston?
Also, what is or is'nt in your BIOS that you need to acess?
Can you adjust front side bus speed, change multipliers, adjust voltages?
Another thing is to check on the MOBO manufacturers website and get the lowdown on the board as to what it can handle as far as CPU, memory, voltage adjustments and so on.

Someone help me get the point across, since I'm not as afluent with PIV MOBOs as i am with AMD's.
I know the basics are the same, but the process is different.

(BTW, the memory sounds fine, but i couldn't tell you what the CPU FSB speed should be)

Back