• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best gigabyte mobo for overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
smooth as silk too.

I currently am running a 2.8 at 3.10 on a GA-8INXP, and I think it will go faster, but Im not sure, as when I tried to go 3.15 I got a black screen , any idea why ?? radeon 9700 set at 33frequency.......

tocooltorun: I have heard ASUS makes some nice OCing boards. For Gigabyte boards, I have seen some good OCs with the 8inxp and the 8knxp ( most 875 and 865 chipsets are pretty nice ).

leathersmt: Do you have the PCI/AGP locked at 33/66?( I have heard of problems from sound cards when OCing ) What are you using to cool the CPU? What temps are you showing?

I have had gigabyte boards and have found out that they are not so good at ocing. The voltage seems to be broke on the vcore. This is the case with the Ga-Ik1100. I dont konw why but higher voltage than stock will not post.

I hope not Kenweil.

I'm going to try my 2.4G M0's on a 8KNXP rev2 this weekend.

Previously (845 days) I pushed a 1.8G to just over 3G with Gigabyte.
Abit and Asus didn't do quite as well.

Well, I'm really runing behind! (Other stuff came up)
I have "preped" the board by removing the thermal pads from the two heatsinks (northbridge & extra dual 6way power supply) and applying ArticSilver 5.

The power card had me nervious, as the heatsink has to cover SIX separate MOSFETs. I thought I would face a problem wiyh each one being a different height, or cocked/tilted to one side making full contact with the heatsink impossable, but I was suprisied!
Gigabyte really did a great job on the card, and all six chips made a nice even impression in the thin film of ArticSilver 5. :cool:

Now all the basics are on board and I have to strip out the old mobo and drives from a case to get on with it.

So far, so good.

Dude... I have a 8KNXP rev 2 (non Ultra) and it OCs pretty well for me. My memory is at 229 MHz, and my 3.0 GHz P4C is now at 3.4 GHz (actually 3435 MHz).

Back