• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How would you set this up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hosticker

Registered
asus p4c800-e deluxe
leadtek fx5900 ultra 256mg
seagate 7200.7 120 sata hd
geil "golden dragon" 2x256 pc3500
p4 2.8c

thanks for any info.

haha i mean after that. What oc settings in the bios would you use as a base with those parts.

Ok, first, get this thing up and running. Patch windows, update hardware drivers, update the intel drivers. Now, get your apps loaded. See what your temps are running at. Make sure things are working for a day. After you've verified and setup all of those things, do a search on these forums and see what other's have used. Test out a few settings. Get very familiar with your bios.

Once all of this is done, come back and we will be more than happy to help. I'm not putting you off, but you will learn so MUCH more the better you familiarize yourself with your system.

I've been in your shoes before. OC'ing a freshly built rig can be a nightmare because you may encounter a problem that is not related to the oc, but to a bad setup and it can be a pain to troubleshoot.

I would suggest seeing if your proc can do 3.0 out of the box. If i remember correctly this is a simple bump up to 250mhz on the fsb. If probs occur then you have your work cut out for you. Do not be disappointed if it doesnt work as its possible for it not to happen on the first try. Relax your memory settings until you reach a good comfortable OC for you then you can work on tightening your mem timings. Try to stick to the 5:4 or 1:1 memory divider if your ram can handle it. I am personally not sure if a 3:2 with higher fsb is better than a 5:4 with a lower one. If 3.0 doesnt work try 2.8 as this should be easily obtainable on any 2.4C as far as I know.

Good Luck with your box.

Well, he has a 2.8C. 250 FSB would be 3.5 GHz - possible, but clearly not a good starting point.

As far as just starting out goes, overvolt the memory, drop the memory divider, up the latencies, and try to find the max of the CPU first.

Remember that the P4C800-E has a large Vcore undervolt under load.

Back