• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on Abit ic7-Max3 with p43.2EE with Mach2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darthdana

Set up my Mach2 this weekend.

I can get the p4ee to 4080mhz, with a 250 fsb. Question I have is this, I cant seem to run more than 2 dimms. Corsair XPS4000, DDR 500 512MB (or so they say). Am I wasting my time, as this will never work on this MB, or at this high a FSB.

I did find that the 3:2 and 5:4 settings dont work with this mb and mem combo, and reccomendations on mem that works well with this mb, I see a lot of complaints now, after I had the board a while.

The Mach2 install went great, really wasnt to bad of an install procedure, actually easier to me than my water cooling rigs. Runs -34C under for load. This was my second Mach2, as the first was DOA, sending back to Denmark for RMA (what a hassle) By the time that thing gets back, AMD should have a FX53 ripe for it!!!

Thanks for the advice.

What vdimm are you running? The MAX3 is notorious for being hard to push past 250. Mines on a shelf while the P4C800-E is running great.

Corsair should work fine at 250 with 3-4-4-8. What is your N/B strap? Try PSB800 and not CPU. Also, put your gat at A-A-A-D-D. Disable Video Bios Cacheable and Disable System Bios Cacheable. See if vdimm at 2.8 will do it. Most of these MAX3's over 2.9-3.1 vdimm have problems.

MPS should be 1.4 and not 1.1. Disable IDE Busmaster. Disable Legacy USB support.....hmmm, can't think of anything else.

sp00L said:
What vdimm are you running? The MAX3 is notorious for being hard to push past 250. Mines on a shelf while the P4C800-E is running great.

Corsair should work fine at 250 with 3-4-4-8. What is your N/B strap? Try PSB800 and not CPU. Also, put your gat at A-A-A-D-D. Disable Video Bios Cacheable and Disable System Bios Cacheable. See if vdimm at 2.8 will do it. Most of these MAX3's over 2.9-3.1 vdimm have problems.

MPS should be 1.4 and not 1.1. Disable IDE Busmaster. Disable Legacy USB support.....hmmm, can't think of anything else.

Thanks for the advice.

I have not been able to get this board to post when I up the vdimm to 2.8. Its odd. Well if its too spec, the memory i have is running 1:1. I am just stuck at getting the second pair of dimms in there.

I have tried the latest beta bios also.

Man, I sure hate to have to swap this mb out my asus p4c800. Are you running 4 dimms on the ASUS?

Nah, only 2x512 here. But, over in the abit forums at www.abit-usa.com, there have been threads about 4 sticks being a problem for the max3. I swapped mine out because of the vdimm/vtt issue. Go over to those forums and poke around. Specifically look for posts by BigToe. He works for OCZ and is extremely knowledgeable.

Back