• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 for 300+ FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

What do you guys say?
I heard many good things about this mobo.
I'm planning to go with a 2.4c SL6Z3 m0 and some good ram, I can always use dividers.

Anyway is that a good chioce I'm aimming at?

Suma.

You might want to consider picking up a different northbridge cooler with that motherboard. Maybe a thermaltake tiger will fit on it. The asus board you speak of has passive cooling. While not impossible, its a long stretch for a motherboard with passive cooling.

Its a fairly high goal, only the best of the best of em can reach the 300 fsb barrier. If you do decide to change to active cooling on the northbridge your chances are a little bit better givin your m0 can take the punishment.

Freezermug said:
You might want to consider picking up a different northbridge cooler with that motherboard. Maybe a thermaltake tiger will fit on it. The asus board you speak of has passive cooling. While not impossible, its a long stretch for a motherboard with passive cooling.

Its a fairly high goal, only the best of the best of em can reach the 300 fsb barrier. If you do decide to change to active cooling on the northbridge your chances are a little bit better givin your m0 can take the punishment.

Well, I might watercool the nb, if I'll see it's a problem.
Suma.

If the CPU and the northbridge are up to it, it really won't be that hard. If either one isn't, it won't be hard at all - Prime errors are very obvious. :)

"Oh crap, it turned yellow again..."

im running my p4p800 @ 295 fsb, memory 2-2-2-5 dual channel... i have the stock hs on the nb all i did was put a low cfm fan kinda in front of the nb and it hasnt locked up on me in weeks.

at one point i had a diff hsf on the nb and i could get to about 305 fsb but not for very long.... it wasnt a great hsf though :(

i have a p4p800 and i went out and bought a 2.4c m0 cpu... and it was one big disappointment so far...

i wasn't able to get PAT enable at 272fsb (i heard once u pass 200fsb, the PAT is turn off) and then the cpu will boot into windows w/ 295fsb, but not prime95 stable until i drop down to 272fsb.

i was running 1.575v for the 2.4c within p4p800 bios, but once i load into windows and the cpu-z + asus probe applications are telling me my vcore is running at 1.7v...... what's the deal w/ that now?

i can't seem to find a way make my 2.4c run any faster, and i am still in the market to search for a better board, or just sell my 2.4c m0 chip.

based on what i have read, most 875p boards have their share of problems as well....

Back