• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c mobo asus e or no e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sramjones

Disabled
i am building a new pc and want the best performance for my overclock which motherboard is the best and which get the best speeds in overclocks on the 2.4c

If you don't care about price/performance, the P4C800-E is what you want.

On a side note, that should be a 5,400 RPM drive in your sig, not 54,000 RPM :)

What if we take the price /performance factor into consideration? I am building a Video encoding system for Home movies and such. Plan to get 2 Raptors in RAID, 2x512 Corsair 3200, 2.4C and a Good motherboard. It must be a good overclocker and have good RAID controller and sound. Thank you very much.

If you care about price/performance, get a P4P800 deluxe. You'll save about 60 bucks or so and there isn't a whole lot of difference - the main one is the chipset, but the P4P800 compensates for that with "mam". The 875 chipset (P4C800) uses Intels "pat" technology to make the system about 3~5% faster. The P4P800 (865 chipset) has a built-in option (mam) in the bios that can activate this. The thing is, if you oc either board, PAT (or MAM) automatically turns off! I haven't spent too much time looking at the oc'ing differences so someone else can tell you if they're really all that different (I have a feeling that they aren't).

Yeah, definitely go with the P4P800 for price/performance. Only get the deluxe if you need firewire and IDE RAID. You loose PAT and CSA with the P4P800, but retain the pure speed of a 200 MHz FSB system and SATA RAID.

Correct, no built-in firewire on the P4P800 non-deluxe (i.e. no motherboard headers. But, you can still get firewire from a firewire PCI card, or the port built into Audigy soundcards, etc.

between the P4P800 and the P4C800 wich have the chipset as difference wich would you choose..

i heard that the i875 has some stability problems?!
me <- :confused:

Back