• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions for RAM at Semi high FSB (220-230) at tight timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

^wargod

Ok, i RMA'd my OCZ PC3500 plat, they responded to me with this:

Hi,

After some extensive testing of new chips, we still can not find any pairs that will do PC3500 platinum spec on nforce2 board due to the compatibility between the new stepping of nForce2 chipset and BH5 chips. There are two options for you now. Once is that we replace with PC4000 gold dual channel kit for Intel 875/865 chipset board if you have such a system. Or we will refund you, and then you can purchase some other memory. We are very sorry about the inconvenience it has brought to you. Please let us know which option you want to take.

So, i decided to take the refund. What i want to know is, what kind of RAM should i get for a semi high (220-230) FSB with tight timings? Im thinking about the Mushkin PC3500 lvl 2, but i hear good things about the kingston hyperX, but don't know much about it. Also thinking about the corsair, So anyone have any advice?

System specs are:

unlocked 2500+
Abit NF7 rev 2
Forton psu
guess that's all that really matters. Thanks for any help

Last edited:
well my corsair xms does nice.. see sig ..

Im in the process of getting it up higher also.. last night I passed prime @

230fsb 11-3-3-2 @ 2.9v
multi @ 9x ( low multi just to test mem and mobo @ higher fsb)

Thunda

that's pretty good, my original choice was the Corsair XMS ram until i came to ocers.com :) Anyone have any mushkin results?

that is indeed a strange comment coming from the ocz techs. i've never heard of any sort of incompatibility with bh-5 and the nf2 chipset (C1 or C3 for that matter).

afaik, there are many people running the ocz 3500 plat LE's at 2-2-2 @ 217 on nf2 boards without problems. it's usually the intel boards that you hear of having trouble 2-2-2 and have to do 2-3-2. the mushkin's do 2-2-2 on nf2 no problem, i can say that firsthand, so i dunno.

^wargod said:
that's pretty good, my original choice was the Corsair XMS ram until i came to ocers.com :) Anyone have any mushkin results?

I have Mushkin PC3200 Level 2. 256 x 2 matched.
Currently running 230 FSB DC @ 2.9V

alright, i was about to order the mushkin anway, that makes me feel better :)

Back