• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABit IC7-G & SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ray@VSK

I put my new rig together the other day & was wanting to know wich Sata adapter to plug into ? I got 1 cdrom & 1 10k Raptor & I seen there is settings for this in the bios and since I'm having probs I figured I'd ask what should this setting be set to ? Auto ?

I think I got some bad ram as this turd is blue screening on me and rebooting everytime right before I get to the graphical interface of windows when u try to install.

You want to plug the hd intot he sata ports marked as onchip. (sata 1 & 2 I think) those are the ones that are controlled via the intel southbridge directally. The other two are via a built in sata pci card ans aren't as fast overall. As for the cd you can either use the sata adapter or just slap it on a regular ide cable. Speed wont change on either. as for settings I've got mine on auto right now and it seems to work fine. haven't finished benchmakring and tweaking yet.

hmm, there was a part about all those damned sata settings in the manual somewhere :lol:

was so confusing, i just put my maxtor on sata1 and my DVDdrive on IDE2-master

Back