• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can u Disable Via Raid Bios- P4P800dlx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, I got new drives: raptors and now its a drag to have to wait for the via raid bios to pass through during start up... Is there anyway to skip over it?

Sure. There's definitely an option in the BIOS somewhere. As a have a P4P800 and not the deluxe, I can't tell you exactly where, but it should be realtively obvious if you poke around a little.

I couldnt find it, thats why I posted on the forum. If you know of the setting in the bios please direct me to it.

In the main menu under "IDE Configuration" . Look for the "Configure SATA to RAID" and set it to "No". There's a submenu that will let you turn the RAID BIOS on or off independant of enabling RAID, if that's what you're looking for. It's on pages 14-12 and 14-13 of the pdf manual.

I want SATA raid on as well as the SATA bios on, however I wanted to know if there is a way to turn off the VIA Raid bios. I have 2 sata raptors and since they do not use the via chipset, but instead the intel chipset, the via bios scans my computer and doesnt come up with any connected drives... I was wondering, since this Via bios is now useless to me if there is a way to shut it off.

Are you running on the latest bios (1012)? I can't really help you if you aren't... but if you are here it is:
Go to the "advanced tab", then "onboard devices configuration", then "onboard vt6410 raid controller" and select DISABLE. I have a feeling you're just on an older bios that either doesn't give you the option or makes it difficult to find the option.

Back