• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermoster on top of TBred die?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
I fought with my computer for a full half-hour before finally giving up and taking the thermoster out from between the heatsink and core.
Does anyone have any idea as to how I may get a thermoster onto my core without cutting away part of the HS? And also, does anyone actually know WHY my NF7-S won't let me boot with even a tiny bit of the thermoster on the core?

TIA guys.

There is still space on the side of the core you can lay the thermister against. The only other way is to drill a hole in the middle of your HSF. I have no idea why is won't boot, except for maybe the mobo thought there was a heat issue.

Probably that little itty bitty thing is preventing full contact of your heatsink. That in turn causes your processor to overheat very quickly and the built in feature of the Nforce is thermal protection and that is causing your computer to shut down.

Turd seem to have it right

if you trim the plastic off the end of the probe and have it touching the edge if the die (NOT in the way of the heatsink) you should get a fairly accurate reading

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can do.

you should never had the thing between the cpu and the heatsink.... maybe i dont' get what you are saying, but if that is where you put it you are probably expiriencing temp issues like Turd Furguson said

Back