• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

smart fan 2 or 93mm tornado

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silverdisc

Registered
i am waiting for the new sp97 heatpipe sink to arrive in the uk and would like to know 2 things/ first which fan is the loudest at the same cfm smartfan 2 or 93mm tornado and does anybody know which fan would work the best on the sp97 which looks like the sp94 so the tornado would be blowing more air onto the heatpipes where they stick out the side of the heatsink, if the tornado will flow more air for the same noise level i would go with that but if i am going to have to cranck it up to overcome the wasted air off the side of the sink and end up with more noise for same cooling abillity i would try the smartfan2. can anyone help please

From the tests in the review of th SP-94,better results where obtained from a 80mm fan.The 92mm fan wasn't as efficient at
cooling the heat sink.I run a 92mm fan on my SP-94 HS.Depending
on the ambient temp,my load temp currently runs 37.5° C with
100% CPU usage,ambient 23° C.I'll provide you a link to the HS
review . THE FANMAN:cool:

HS REVIEW LINK

thanks for the link, some of the higher flowing fans sound like a hairdryer. i will keep an eye on this subject for further replies i suppose i could buy both fans and see what noise i can put up with vs cooling performance

you could buy both fans, and what is the worst that will happen? you decide that you want more power and well, you have a pretty powerful case fan to boot. 80 mm seems to be the better for these heatsinks. 92 mm dead spot is too big =\
*wishes for 50+ cfm blower fans*

Back