• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get IC7-MAX3 1.1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is no rev 1.1 board.

Abit has removed the m64 cap from production boards with an ECN (Engineering Change Notice) on or about Nov 22.

Other than visual inspection there is no way to tell if a board has had the Vdimm mod.

Vtt is still an issue that Abit is not taking responsibility for.

Check the Abit Forum for all the gory details.

BTW: The did say that they will except MAX3 boards for RMA to have the cap removed. You may want to send your current board back to have it fixed.

Maybe people can post were they recently got a Max3 and whether it was the revised one with the MC64 component removed.

oh and by the looks of the cap it looks like it would be a breeze to remove if you had tweezers

but yeah mine is missing

can someone post a link to a pic where it shows what cap u have to remove?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Got mine from Directron this week. Cap M64 was intact. I will remove it myself if is an issue.

eliteoneXP said:
i got a board without the cap and i still cant do 2.9

You should have a rock steady 2.9-3.1 Vdimm with that cap removed. What you won't get is the Vtt being 1/2 of the Vdimm. Abit denies this as problem with the Max3. This does work fine on the AI7 motherboards.

Can anyone show a pic of the cap off please. I wish to see the finished result.
I bought my MAX3 from NewEgg Dec 22nd and looks to have the cap still on. Just my luck.
I'm curious to know whats best to remove the cap. Is needle nose plyers too much? Thanks in advance :)

Most folks are using a very fine tip soldering iron and a pair of tweezers. You probably should RMA the board to Abit for the mod since you will void your warranty if you do it yourself.

Mr Gadget said:
You probably should RMA the board to Abit for the mod since you will void your warranty if you do it yourself.

Thanks for the tip Mr Gadget. I just dont know if i can wait that long. I'm just going to have to see if my A-Data will need the extra push.

You may want to try cross shipping on the RMA. Check their website for instructions. I would think that you could have another board in a few days, and still keep your warranty.

My IC7 Max3 came with the MC64 cap intact. I got it from newegg last tuesday. How do you cross-ship with abit?

rogue3092 said:
My IC7 Max3 came with the MC64 cap intact. I got it from newegg last tuesday. How do you cross-ship with abit?

Go to Abit's site at: Abit ERMA

Then scroll down the page to:
"We will ship your replacement part prior to receiving your original part only on the following conditions:
Pay special handling fee of USD $7.- and security deposit of USD $150.- online..
After having received the replacement product you will then send back the defective product back to ABIT.
Upon receiving the defective product from you, ABIT will ABIT will refund the USD $150.- security deposit back to you by ABIT company check to close this RMA case."

I have not had to use this service myself, but I believe they will take a credit card for the deposit.

Back