• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800E-Deluxe temps 23/28

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Just installed P4 2.4C on new board (Rev2.0). Case is well ventillated but MBM5 readiings seem wrong... HELP??

SENSOR1 SET TO WINBOND1 (28 DEG C)
SENSOR2 SET TO WINBOND2 DIODE (34 DEG C)

and that's with Prime 95 going hard-out. Seems a little on the low side... anyone help??

Is it worth installing the Asus version to check?? Seems pretty close to Bios readings, but never had one cocnsistently that low... mind you... never mounted my SLK900-U with the standoffs and screws before either. Imorssive.

Tha Asus C'wood/S'dale boards seem to read quite a bit low, I've seen figures floating around various forums of around 8 - 12 deg C low. If you're running stable, though, doesn't matter much what the temp reads.

Cheers

Now running AsusProbe and it is showing Mbd @ 30 degrees C & cpu @ 28 degrees C.

Earlier today, in the cool of the morning, the board was like 23 deg C and the cpu 26 or 27. Prime took it up to about 33-35 range, but still awefully low temps.

Last edited:
I have the EXACT same problem on the EXACT same board. I know my case is well ventilated but 25/27 cpu/mb is just ridiculous on my setup. Oh well.

What revision board (mine is 2.0) is yours and what Bios are you running?? (mine is P4CED14)

i just installed my p4p800 with a 2.8ghz 800fsb and have case at 30 and cpu at 21.

ths is with a cascade cooled system and the cpu at 3.15ghz.

i upgraded the bios to 1015 today.

when i first installed asus probe before the bios update it showed my cpu temps of 85C !!!!! this caused me to remove what turned out to be a very nice cascade mount and remount it.

after updating both bios and asus probe it stopped giving me panic attacks.

i like asus boards this is my third after a p4s533 and p4pe (which i blew after a poor attempt at removing the heat spreader on a 2.53 533 fsb. both the cpu and board sent me smoke singals that it was time to upgrade :)) but why cant they give good cpu temps ! all three i have given bad cpu temps.

Getting unbelievalby low readings of 26C MB (Winbond1) & 20C CPU (Winbond2) on rev2 board w 1014 BIOS. My first MB was also rev2 flashed to 1014 and gave readings of 26 & 30, but that one was rma'd. Anyone know what gives with the Winbond 3 chip that MBM5 detects. It shows a blistering 127C ?

those temps seems to look fine.. my temps are 30C/30C idle and 45C/39C load :D

after some modds to my case and fan setup today
at room temp of 24C
idle case 26C cpu 30C
load case 26C cpu 35C

can i get a woooo cascade :)

has anyone ever drilled a hole in the side of the heat spreader for a temp probe ?

i don't know, i think mine is close to accurate, not positive but my temps sit around 25/26 (MB/CPU) with my sig setup. i don't think that is too far off

Hey guys I know this is a little off the subject, but since we're on the subject of heat, what is acceptable for the P4 2.4B? Right now I'm running @ 39C CPU & 34C case temp with the setting in my sig. I was @ 2520 & my temps were about 1-2C lower & the system was less stable. Since I OC'ed to 2700 (18x150) the system is ALOT more stable & not that much of a heat increase. How far up can I go up before worrying about temps?
Thanks

interesting reading here:
http://developer.intel.com/design/pentium4/guides/249889.htm

There are two independent thermal diodes in the Intel Pentium 4 processor in the 478-pin
package. One is the on-die thermal diode described in Section 2.4.6.1. The other is in the
temperature sensor used for the Thermal Monitor and for THERMTRIP#. The Thermal Monitor’s
temperature sensor and the on-die thermal diode are independent and isolated devices with no
direct correlation to one another. Circuit constraints and performance requirements prevent the
Thermal Monitor’s temperature sensor and the on-die thermal diode from being located at the
same place on the silicon. As a result, it is not possible to predict the activation of the thermal
control circuit by monitoring the on-die thermal diode.

The 135C limit sounds to me like Murphy's law of fail-safe circuits - it will destroy everything around it to prevent failure.

I've got my 2.6 p4 on this board running at just over 3.0 ghz.

Idle temps are about 32C max, load temps read as high as 55C max.

Is this safe to be running so hot? I'm on stock cooling but will probably get a nice heatsink/fan combo before summer rolls in.

MBM and asus probe are exactly the same. I think I have .14 BIOS

Weird, my P4P800 seems to read pretty "accurately" - meaning it tells me what I expect to see. 51/42, 2x F@H load.

I have low-speed 120mm intake and exhaust fans front/rear and a Zalman CNPS-7000. If I take off my side panel the CPU temp drops to ~42-43.

This whole thread is further proof to me that MB temp sensors are a joke.

i dont think my temps are really out of whack. i got the p4c800e dx. i have a ambient temp of 20C. i have 3 80mm intakes, 2 psu exhausts, and a 120mm blowhole. i have the thermalright sp-94 heatsink with a 56.8cfm panaflo on top of it. my vid card has a fan on it that blows the air out to the back of the rig. i dont use my rear exhaust fans because it doesnt make a difference with the blowhole on. i have a case temp of 23-24. under load (running 2 folding consoles or 1 folding console and 1 prime 95) i get a 35C temp. i run a 2.4c M0 stepping cpu 2 3.3ghz with stock voltage. i dont think these temps are too out of wack. ive touched my heatsink when it gets to 50C and it burns your fingure if you leave it there for more than 10-15 seconds. when the temp reads 35C, the heatsink feels slightly warmer than the air. i think if you have good case airflow, with a good heatsink that has properally applied TIM and a good fan on top of it, you should be fine, assuming your ambient temps are good. also, if your stable, who cares about temps?

can i get a woooo cascade

woooooo cascade!!! lol i just invested in lcd dispaly but want to know where to shove the sensors on my cpu as i get low temp syndrome too

mind you i think i'd rather have that than the abit problem of mega temp readings:D

Back