• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KHX PC3200 A-version :'(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biasos

Registered
I live in Winnipeg and the best ram that I can find locally is KHX PC3200 A :'(. I don't plan on doing any extreme overclocking (I would like to hit 250FSB with a 2.4C or 2.6C) and am planning on running my ram at 5:4. It is rated at 2-3-2-6. What are the best timings that I could expect from 2x256?

I am in the process of building my first computer. Should I settle for this ram or should I purchase online? I've been looking around and it seems that BH-5 ram is both uncommon and very pricey up here in Canada (even with exchange rate taken into account). I don't want to spend more than 300 cdn if possible.

Oh, and this rig is going to be used primarily for gaming.

Planned:
P4 2.4 (or 2.6)C
Asus P4P800
Unsure of ram

Any help would be appreciated.

The 5:4 mode is where you will have a problem with CH5 if you are going to have a problem. BH5 would be a lot safer bet, but you might find CH5 to work out also. No guarantees, though.

Back