• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KHX pc4000 in my nf7-s bets-guesses?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
well in 4 hours or less fedex will have my kingston hyperx 4000 here.

many say, tight timings and decent fsb > loose timings,high fsb
i disagree. all testing 1:1 ratio
also some people are saying the latest nf7-s can easily do 250-260fsb WITHOUT mods.
mine is 2-3 weeks old so we will see.

ill be useing memtest86 to verify everything which could take a few days im sure,as im rather thorough.

also will let use know if the KHX4000 is any good or not.
ive read the samsung sticks sux
and the hynix are great so ill be peeling a heatspreader up enough to see whats on it.

ok lets make some bets here!

im thinking 242fsb max 2.5-3-3-7 timings. and yeh i hope im wrong! :D

242 if your damn lucky. my NF7-S hits the wall at 227, they weren't built to handle buses around 250+. i think you'll find BH-5 will run tight timings at the highest fsb the NF7 is capable of

squads said:
242 if your damn lucky. my NF7-S hits the wall at 227, they weren't built to handle buses around 250+. i think you'll find BH-5 will run tight timings at the highest fsb the NF7 is capable of
my old one hit the wall at 230 but could have been my ram also. i had xms3500 and khx 3500

many people on es.org have been doing 250-260fsb stock latley with newer nf7-s's
of course doesnt mean mine will.

btw 250fsb with 3.0-3-3-7 would beat 225 2.0-2-2-6

tight timings at max help overcome 10fsb imo.
well ill find out soon enough. 2 hours till fedex!

btw the nf7 will do a pencil mod on the vdd if needed so i dont worry about that.

Speaking of the pencil mod what happen to the site

http://www.8rdafaq.com/index.php

with all the volt mod's? Did he lose his site or move it or what? I dunno but it sure did help me out alot with my 8rda and nf7-s.

jonspd said:
Speaking of the pencil mod what happen to the site

http://www.8rdafaq.com/index.php

with all the volt mod's? Did he lose his site or move it or what? I dunno but it sure did help me out alot with my 8rda and nf7-s.
last i saw he was fighting with epox about something.
and had moved onto the A64 line.

there is stuff at es.org about the pencil mod if i need it.
it was a great place to find 8rda help tho i agree.

I wish I would have wrote down some stuff (banging head aganist wall!!!!!) O well I'am sure it's nothing thats not around here in some thread or @ es.org somewhere.

hasn't 2-2-2-11 ram timings been proven to work better than 2-2-2-6 ? i thoguht i read that somewhere.

Jibby said:
hasn't 2-2-2-11 ram timings been proven to work better than 2-2-2-6 ? i thoguht i read that somewhere.
yeh on the nf2 mobo it is better. i just didnt think to say that.but inst all that much better.good for a few points anyhow.

im going nutz waiting on fedex. they usually are here by 4:30 est and its 6 now :(

better not screw up my delivery !

i wanna crap my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is just my second boot.
1.6vdd
2.6vdimm
more voltages left and just starting!

245fsb.jpg

can ya feel the love?!!!

Nice board you have there wantta trade>:p

ram Timing's?

BTW where did you get your nf7-s?

trade? naah

atm 240fsb 3.0-4-4-8 2.7vdimm 1.7vdd running cpu burn4

prime is acting qwirky to get a stable speed to burn this a bit.
ill do that and then try and lock stuff down.

the nf7vcore program im useing tops out at 250fsb so unless it boots from above 250 ill be stuck.

ive only had it 15 minutes in my hands so its fresh.

from newegg 3 weeks ago or so.

ok guys i want you to check a few things out here.
notice it is passing prime at 240fsb :D im more worried about the mobo not doing it more than the ram.

the mhz isnt correct,but that isnt what im getting at.
look at the vdd or chipset voltage. its set to 1.7vdd in bios.
i pop this program up and it shows this?
ive read others saying they cant run over 250fsb unless there vdd was set for 1.5vdd and if above that it wont run.

anyone have another program that checks the vdd on the nf7?
im not doing MM reading tho.
btw this was an actual boot from bios setting as posted.

240fsb priming.jpg

I dunno via MM I get 1.68 with bios @ 1.6 and 1.72 with bios @ 1.7 and also I get a better fsb stable setting @ 1.6 cause 1.5 ant cutting it. I hope I get a good board llike your's next week and some kinda ram that will run tight timing with about a 240+ fsb.

P.S. I think i'am going with the albatron pv model we talked about for the xfx is only runing 700 on the ram 150 difference then the albatron.

the program was just reading it wrong.
i think im gonna need a L12 mod someone mentioned in my cpu thread tho.wont run 250fsb and max mhz well.

im too tired to mess with it much more tonight. so ill let it prime at 250 fsb over night.

Back