• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge cooler which is better? any difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vincent_1985

hey I broke the plastic pushpins for my stock gigabyte northbridge cooler.

now i'm wondering if the Zalman North Bridge Cooler Kit (ZM-NB47J )

is any better than my stock one cuz it doens't cost much liek 20.00 CAD.

Was just gonna get it and use the pins for it haha unelss it's better.

I'm not too sure what the stock nb cooler looks like on your gigabyte board but many people have said they've gotten good results after switching to the Zalman (not necessarily after switching from a gigabyte nb cooler though).

yea the zalman should be better, but i think you can search around and get that for much cheaper....

vincent_1985 said:
hey I broke the plastic pushpins for my stock gigabyte northbridge cooler.

now i'm wondering if the Zalman North Bridge Cooler Kit (ZM-NB47J )

is any better than my stock one cuz it doens't cost much liek 20.00 CAD.

Was just gonna get it and use the pins for it haha unelss it's better.

I replaced the stock active cooler on my NF-7 with the Zalman. I can't tell you if the Zalman is "better," but my OC hasn't suffered and, unlike the Abit cooler, the Zalman makes no noise. I'm very happy with it. So much so, that I replaced the active cooler on my BBA 9600 Pro with the Zalman, too.

Aero.jpg

I noticed that your zalman doesn't have a fan on it. Is it made to not need a fan like the stock gigabyte north bride cooler?

vincent_1985 said:
I noticed that your zalman doesn't have a fan on it. Is it made to not need a fan like the stock gigabyte north bride cooler?

Yes, the Zalman is designed not to use a fan. The fan from my HS provides plenty of airflow and keeps the Zalman only slightly warm to the touch.

so your saying the fan on ur cpu just blows the extra air onto ur zalman for you?

cuz i have the beat 92mm tornado haha
so i'm sure it'll provide plenty of air.

I also have a 80mm side intake and 120mm tornado front intake and 3 80mm backside outake fans.

and a sp94 for my cpu mounted with the beast haha ambient temp in my room = freezing cold.

P4 2.6C @.31 ghz stock mods is 17degrees

vincent_1985 said:
so your saying the fan on ur cpu just blows the extra air onto ur zalman for you?

Yes.

cuz i have the beat 92mm tornado haha
so i'm sure it'll provide plenty of air.

I also have a 80mm side intake and 120mm tornado front intake and 3 80mm backside outake fans.

You're a better man that I; the noise would drive me nuts.

Back