• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.8HT overclocking questions and suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ross2280

Registered
At the moment i am running my 2.8 at the stock speed. I have managed to overclock it quite succesfully to 3.36g with a bus of 960 and a locked multiplier of 14.
The problem i am having is that i am not sure about my temps. I dont really have a very well known motherboard, albatron px848pv/pro, it generally seems ok, and didnt seem to mind with all the overclocking going on to the cpu and the memory.
I applied an arctic silver 5 and i am using a coolermaster aero 4, 2 coolermaster 80mm fans for intake/exhaust, and a 450W psu that has a 120mm fan right on top of the cpu.
I have to admit my ambient temperature is around 28C which is pretty hot, but thats cause of the room size.
Anyway, i am getting a max of 55C when i stress the cpu for long, and with the fans all on high speed, and an idle at around 40-41, while the case ambient is around 34.
Do you think i should be getting lower temps? Is there any chance i should try and reaply the AS5? i think i might have applied a bigger grain size than the one shown on the AS website. Anyway, 3.3 seems quite good for me because i use 3d rendering progs all the time, so lend me your helpind hand!!

Thanks!

that seems kinda high, but im not really sure about the performance of that heatsink... i would try and keep it under 50C load.

another thing, where you you getting your temp readings?

you chould try to reapply the as, you want a really really small amount.

I'm getting my temps from mbm5 and from another little program i downloaded. mbm doesnt seem to support my motherboard directly, but i played around with the chip settings in it so i think i have it right.

i also use the coolermaster aerogate 2 and i've jammed a thermal sensor right at the bottom of the heatsing where the thickest copper part is and that reads around 43 max load...

Back