• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce2 temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Im gettin a new mobo for xmas w/ nforce2 chipset and i was just curious what temps this chipset runs at seeing that everyone says the run hot.

ah....thats not too bad compared to what people say...i have a kt400 running at 35ºc

I get about 38C load with a iceberq4 cooler, but it's freaking hot here (not to mention my cpu is hotter than blazes)

i can't wait to water cool, although I'm keeping the iceberq4, don't think it requires anything more

the southbridge on my mobo (in sig) uses the main kt400chpset and it stays around 38 or so , but my southbridge get's up to around 41-43C sometimes! :mad:

My soutbridge w/ the kt400 never gets "hot" although it does get a bit warm to the touch sometimes....and it actually doesnt even get airflow beacuse its being covered up by an ide cable even though it still just gets warm to the touch (w/o heatsink) i put a heatsink on there anyway just for fun.

There's no temperature sensor for the NF7-S, is there? Are you guys getting your chip temps with a probe?

i also assumed you meant NB

i'm going to be throwing my stock cooler on the SB soon, better to overkill than have crackly speakers

WOAH! u mean stock amd cooler? thats even over kill for ur NB, u should put a really small hs, the sb hardly ever gets hot...geez, thats crazy to put something that big on the SB

i put a sk-7 on there.... :sarcasm: no its just a simple little chipset one

dalilman52 said:
ooo u meant NB stock cooler :understands: ....amd stock cooler on it would be....incredibly pointless

yea haha....that would be funny to see though

hahaha welllllll......i just remembered.....a long time ago when i was NEW w/ computers like i barley knew anything i could install a video card etc etc i had bought a hsf for a 2700+ i think and it turns out it wouldnt fit on my video card sooooo.....i figured i might as well put it on something that gets hot instead of letting it sit and go to waste and i actually stuck it onto the hs that was on my NB already.....hahahahahaha how embarrasing

glued it? have u already removed it? if not, then stick the mobo in a anti-static bag, put it in the freezer, keep it in there for about 20 minutes and u should be able to pry it off easily

putting it in the freezer expands the thermal glue, making it brittle and easy to work with

if this doesnt work, stick it in the freezer again for another 20-30 minutes and it should be very easy to pry off, but remember, dont leave it on for over an hour, freezer burn or condensation may develop inside the mobo, like in little crevices and it may short circuit something, so be careful when doing this

yea its been removed lol the board is old as ever and its prolly in a land fill by now...i fried it well over a year ago

Back