• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memeory help with 2.4c system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sramjones

Disabled
i am getting a new system p4 2.4c with the P4C800-E Deluxe and i need to know what type of memeory to get. i have been told to get muskin pc4000 and i have ben told to get the muskin lvl 2 pc3500. i dont know which one will give me the ebtter overclock. can someone give me a suggestion.

The PC4000 wil get higher mhz at less speed per MHZ than the Pc3500.

Personally, i would go with the kingston PC 4000 rated at latency of 2.5

I agree with Thwei, I like going for quality rather than speed. In the end usually you get a better overclock.

Lets make this simple
Buy the best ram which will be highest fsb and lowest timings that you can afford. Most 4000 is rated 3,4,4,8 for stability and some say (which I guess could be an arguement) that the fsb makes the timings insignificant. I am still trying to determine this though so I have yet to have my own opinion on this. Rather the same as the 2.4c you are getting. A good cpu to o/c.

Simplicity gave me a set of pc3200"s running at 2.5,4,4,8 with a fsb of 250 and a sandra mem result of over 5600 on both bars. This with the P4C800dx board, mem voltage on auto.

The reason I advise you to go with BH-5 chips is because it seems that any other kind of RAM will limit your overclock, for some weird reason, when you're using certain i875 combinations. This includes a 2.4c and the P4C800-E. If you head over to the intel CPU section of the forums, you'll see what I'm saying.

I`m using OCZ PC4000 Gold (500mhz) CL 2.5-4-4-7 @ 2.8 volts
260 FSB I`ve got to 267FSB (3,227mhz) then started to get errors but you can do better if you get the 1.02 Revision Mobo

Acko

OCZ pc3500EL platinum limited edition is the best ram you can get right now. It's BH-5 and the stuff out clocks any ram on the market

Back