• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is general protection fault mean my memory is too high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnrealCpu

using xms corsair 3200 at 3.0 volts vdimm

240FSB
Cas 2

I seem to be getting general protection faults in unreal tournament or just playing 3d games. I think i have my memory timmings too aggresive.

I know that my memory is rated at pc3200 but it is really pc2700

what can i look to expect if i upgrade to pc4000 my temps are really low. Is it possible to get past 240fsb on a 3.0c ? watercooled. I think my mem is holding me back

37c idle
44c load

hm,i m using amd proc,but if i get general prot. faults,its usualy my voltage,but not on ram,on cpu...run prime,and test it,an run memtest86

240mhz is already a nice OC for pc3200...

GPF's in UT are not rare, you talking about UT: the pwnage version? or 2k3?

did you get GPF's at stock too?
try using RAM ratios to see if the ram is causing it.. make it run at about its rated speed...

i bought the ram last year but i believe it was rated at 460mhz ddr

which means its going to go 230?

Generally speaking, GPF's can occur in many scenarios. It could be that your timings are too tight, or it could be that your CPU is clocked too high. If you really want to know more then copy down the GPF error code and go to MS's technet site and do a search. More than likely its a combination of your high clockspeed and fsb.

Back