• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best memory for aggressive timmings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First, how much voltage can you (or willing to) give to your memory? How much do you want to spend? Do you want 2x256MB (512MB) or 2x512MB (1GB)? Are you willing to do a voltage mod to your motherboard (for stability above 2.9V)? How far are you going to go to overclock your processor? What cooling are you using?

It's a bit hard to recommend memory without knowing more then just what processor your using :)

acutally i have decided i might go with the ocz pc4200 enhanced latency ram. Right now i think im running good with my xms corsair 3200 but would like to go dual channel soon

did you see a big improvment using dual channel?

If you want aggressive timings, don't get PC-4000, or 4200.

Your best bet would be Mushkin PC-3500 Level 2 which is guaranteed to run at 2-2-2-6, 217 FSB. They are also guaranteed to come with BH-5's which love extra voltage.

Clock for clock, it smokes my corsair, but it's pretty pricey.

well i ordered some ocz pc4200 enhanced latency 2*256

i think this will do the job for my setup.

Im now looking into the prometia mach 1 or 2

UnrealCpu can you cancle that order

in order to use that ram to its full potential you will have to get your cpu up to 4ghz

Now ask yourself am i going to be able to cool that cpu at that speed

i betting this will be a no

not to mention that ram will have cl3 timings which are horable

go with two sticks of Mushkin lvl2 pc3500 512mb

running that ram at its rated speed ddr433 will get you 3.2ghz and most people can get Mushkin up to higher speeds with some extra volts

but do not get pc4200

You can get a Mach1 Prommy for ~$450, deal listed in Cyber Deal forum. With that, you have a possibility of getting 4GHz or slightly higher with a 3.0C, though not all 3.0C's will do it with an unmodified prommy.

ram

Well its ordered

This ram OCZ pc4200 Enhanced latency is the best ram out.

Right now i am only running one stick so i want dual ddr running through my ic7-max 3

I am only looking to hit 3.7 for my setup
also that should be attainable with this ram and we shall see.

Right now im stable at 3555mhz with aggresive timmings on my xms 3200 ram which is really only pc2700.

i believe im at 236fsb and looking for 250fsb hopefully 5:4 ratio

we will know tomorrow

Show me one bad review ? I havent found one yet , It beats out geil and xms corsair and mushkin. at pc4200 speeds

There is no such thing as "the best".

Some RAM outperforms others, and some applications benefit from tighter timings, rather than higher FSB's.

I was running the OCZ @ 265 FSB 1:1 - 3-4-4-7. I compared it to my Mushkin @ 5:4 (260/208 FSB) 2-2-2-6 . The Mushkin totally ouperformed in in 3D Mark, SETI and PC Mark. Those were the only benchmarks that I tried it on tho.

I would take Mushkin level 2 over PC-4200 any day. What good are 3-4-4-8 timings? It's like having a 12 lane highway with a speed limit of 30 mph.

OCZ PC4200 may be the fastest high latency ram out but if you want the best ram that does tight timings get the OCZ pc3500 LTD platinum edition. People have overclocked it to 310Mhz 1:1 with 2-2-2-5 timings!!! No mushkin or corsairs will ever do that!

mrspec3 said:
OCZ PC4200 may be the fastest high latency ram out but if you want the best ram that does tight timings get the OCZ pc3500 LTD platinum edition. People have overclocked it to 310Mhz 1:1 with 2-2-2-5 timings!!! No mushkin or corsairs will ever do that!
:drool:

ram

AudiMan said:
There is no such thing as "the best".

Some RAM outperforms others, and some applications benefit from tighter timings, rather than higher FSB's.

I was running the OCZ @ 265 FSB 1:1 - 3-4-4-7. I compared it to my Mushkin @ 5:4 (260/208 FSB) 2-2-2-6 . The Mushkin totally ouperformed in in 3D Mark, SETI and PC Mark. Those were the only benchmarks that I tried it on tho.

I would take Mushkin level 2 over PC-4200 any day. What good are 3-4-4-8 timings? It's like having a 12 lane highway with a speed limit of 30 mph.
\

I guess you didnt know that this rame has enhanced latency.Look at ocz webpage. It does CL 2.5-4-4-7 and better if pushed with higher voltage.

Im sure my ram will hold up just fine
thank you

Re: ooooooooooo

UnrealCpu said:

From the link you showed me it looks like pc4200el is the best
lol

cut down

Cut down? WTF?

First of all FUGGER has his 3.2 ES chip at 300FSB 1:1. There is no way you will EVER in your life get that high a fsb. Also running 3-4-4-4-8 timings at 240FSB or what ever your going to max out at will be slower than running the 2-2-2-5 timings you will get on the pc3500 platinum

Back