• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Picking Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onizuka

Im trying to pick out a fan controller to hook case fans up to. Theres about 5 fans total, and Im looking in the $20-$30 range, maybe little more. Im thinking of getting the Enermax 6Channel (UC-A5FATR2) but I dunno if its good or not, looks nice though.

thanks

I like that one too but couldn't find a wattage rating per channel, so I decided against it. I think I'm gonna go with a Vantec 3.5" unit (about 18w per channel).

One site says:
Max Amperage/Voltage for each VR Knob (0.8A) / (10W/12V)

Is that good? On the OverclockerCafe review they said they hooked two fans up on each channel and they ran fine.

Onizuka,You can put as many fans per channel on the fan controller as long as you don't exceed the amp/watt rating per channel. As long as the total say 1.90 watts per fan, could run
5 fans. Take 5 x 1.90 watts= 9.5 watts.Leave a little head room.
I like to figure it from the amp side also.The 1.90 watt fan uses 0.16 amps. So 0.16 amps X 5 fans =0.8 amps.So figuring from the amp side you are at the limit for the channel. THE FANMAN:cool:

Last edited:
If that is what you like.And it looks to fit your needs.Are you going to wire your HSF to the PSU ? In other words not to the mobo header! Did you read the sticky? I'll get you the link.
THE FANMAN:cool:

STICKY LINK :D

I was going to have the hsf connected to mobo header ...is that bad.

Wow thanks for that link, thats scary =X. So I should have all my fans connected on a seperate PSU line, and then HDD on another right? With my luck I woulda probably ruint HDD without reading that.

Thanks!

I am also looking for a good controller - but I need one that will fit befind the door of my Chieftec Dragon Case. I was looking at the Vantecs - but the knobs apparently strick out to far.

Any suggestions for a controller with very little protrudence (preferably as flat as a CD-ROM bezel)

I need one for a low price - from a store that will ship to Canada

Really sorry to thread jack ;)

Ohhhh ok thanks! =D So its better to have the hsf hooked up to PSU then?

Isn't that why we are discussing it.:D I have my HSF wired as in the digram,but I have a rheostat wired in to control the HSF's
speed. THE FANMAN:cool:

So black n red to the psu, and yellow to my fan controller? , sorry been up like the past 20 hours lol. My heatsink is going to be the retail P4, would I have to rewire the wires or anything?

Onizuka if you are staying with the stock HSF setup ,leave it alone.
This is a mod for when you decide to OC and need a Better HS.
THE FANMAN:cool:

Vince: The Aerogate II is a nice controller. :D

Back