• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New sp-97 socketA thermal pipe.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wardog50

I saw the post on the front opening page and they are now available. Now I am wondering now if it might be worth sticking to air cooling for awhile.
Ivee been going to switch to water but if this performs as well as anticipated I think it might be worth it to wait.

Does anyone know of any reviews to look at?

Later

Wardog

When do you think overclockers will do their own review?

Personally I think it's worth upgrading to water, I bet you'll be happy with the sp-97 at first... then just want to upgrade to water later anways. I went from slk-800 --> PAL 8045 and now i can't wait to go to air :-/
my $.02

water

I bet he means water, ha ha

I think Ill probably still go with water. Im scouting around now for parts. It just seems more upgradable.
Like you said if I get tired of the sp-97 then Ill be forced to upgrade anyway.

Besides Im getting a free air conditioner that I can use as a water chiller and later possibly as direct die cooling.

Id still like to see reviews and feedback as my bud is looking for cooling solutions in the air arena, and will be adopting my 92mm tornado. I may suggest this block to him even if I decide against it for myself.

Wardog

Back