• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM OC DB - need input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

farkedup

I'm looking for some feedback on a little project I'm working on and my thread at [H] didn't really turn up much feedback....

Basically I'm trying tomake a database where people can go to know other peoples experiences with a specific RAM model in searchable form. I need some feedback on how I'm going about doing this. I can really do anything to make a more advanced display until I get more data entered. So if you guys could check it out and give me some feedback I'd really appreciate it.

http://shorelinedining.com/ram/

Great idea.

I'd like to see this.

Here is some feedback.

I think there should be a column for or different sections for, different Memory ratios. Since running it at e.g. 220 1:1 is not the same as running it 275 5:4.

Edit:

I realize that the above can be deduced from the relative CPU and Memory speed but feel it would become more clear if the ratio was in there.

It seemed eveyone has used FSB notation rather than DDR for memory speed so I did the same. Perhpaps there should be a note to clarify which should be used.

I entered both CPU voltage and revision the CPU voltage ended up in the Revision field and the Revision was lost.

Br
hepp

Last edited:
I think that could be useful to know. What are all the ratios in use? I''ll enter those in a dropdown.

All ratios?

Not sure

With P4C you can use 1:1 5:4 and 3:2.
But P4B and AMD have different ratios.

br
hepp

I like your idea, it is very nice and I think over time you can continue to improve upon the system by allowing hotlinking to images, etc. in order for people to show off scores, benchmarks, etc.

A bunch of stuff added tonight plus the linkage part.

I'm ready to open this sucker up so help spread the word to everybody you know and help send word to any news sites that you don't see pimp it :) Mike @ The INQ is the only one big guy It'll be getting a confirmed link from.

Back