• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Complete Vid Card Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyberius

I'm looking for a complete Vid card water cooling kit, that does GPU, and all of the ram. I've found some, but they seem to only do one side of the ram.....which seems kinda stupid. Anyone knoe of a kit that is complete? I'd even settle for just a complete RAM set, as I can always buy a GPU cooler anywere. And do you guys think this is a lost cause/overkill? I have a 9800XT and the thing runs HOT, i'm running it at 461/404 and want to push it further....on a side note, anyone know of a link on how to do a Vcore mod or perhaps a VDD/Ram(if there is such a thing) to a 9800XT?

i have seen any for sale, except for ones made by DYIers.
I definitly think cooling ram is a lost cause. People have attempted to peltier freeze their video ram and it didn't not improve proformance. i would say a passive heatsink and some airflow in you case should do it for the memory.

Ive seen 3 different kits, i did find one that did both sides, but its only RAM, the sight is in german, and costs ALOT....im lookin for perhaps an easier one to get

I think im gonna say screw the liquid cooled ram and just go for the liquid GPU block, you know what would be cool though, is some really small fans, like 20mm, and have active cooled ram sinks...hehehe, thatd be cool, anyone ever seen that small of fan?

Last edited:
LoL - if nothing else, it'd look cool...except for the wiring. Good luck with that. :)

Ya, but then it wouldnt look nearly as cool....come on, the ramsinks will be kinda cute with those little fans....and I dont think Ivve seen it done yet, I ordered em, I'll take a picture when Im done

Tyberius said:
...ramsinks will be kinda cute with those little fans....

First time I've seen the word cute to describe the guts of a computer. I'm scared. Next thing you know people will be complimenting each other on how pretty there computer is.

Good luck with the active ramsinks lol!

I don't think that those fans will push much air at all, but you get top marks for the idea :D

Bump so that other people can see :)

Back