• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What memory to get with $100.00 ish budget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

I hope you guys can help me decide, I am going to upgrade in the next week or so, going to get a Nf7-s and would like some memory that will go to say 220 fsb range , I would also like to run dual channel if possible but am lost with all the choices, $100.00 is about what I would like to spend and need imput.

-Mike

No. 95% of Micron chips are high timings only no matter what the voltages which is not good for your AMD.

However you could go for some of the Kingston PC3000 listed in the BH-5 list above. It runs about $100.00USD per 512Mb at newegg and of course has the BH-5 chips for low timings at high speeds.

100 is about? Zipzoomfly has 2x256 mb sticks of hyperx pc3000 (bh5) for 103 bucks shipped (you'll have to figure in the tax.. but) it should come out to around 110 ish. If you're willing to pitch in the extra 10 bucks, it would be a worthwhile investment.

I'm not sure if it will in the NF7-s actually lol. It might do that in your epox, which I think has up to 3.2-3 vdimm? Can't really say it could do 215-220 on the Nf7 w/out volt mod, but it might since my 2 sticks of 512mb bh5s run near there... and at 2.8 volts. I'd say you have a good chance, but then again it's all luck when it comes down to good performers. ;)

Back