• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pushpins for north bridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vincent_1985

Man i always seem to break these and there no where to be bought?

anyone know of any internet sites that sells these? or places in calgary,alberta that sells them? I tried my local computer stores that sell high-end equipment and all they sell is whole new northbridge heat sinks. I don't like paying 20 bucks and having an extra sink all the time just for two pieces of plastic.

thanks for any help you can provide!

if not would using:

" Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive "

work just as well? i know it permanent but i don't really mind that fact. i rarely ever need to do much to a north bridge just wondering if it'll be sufficient in transfering heat off it if i use it witha zalmans to permanently mount it on.

Get 4 zip ties or six ,and place 1 thru each hole on the cooler.
If the hole in the cooler is to big,stick a zip tie thru to make the top bigger.The two ties thru the cooler would go thru the mobo holes and you would use the last 2 ties to secure the cooler to the mobo.From the back side of the mobo.You might want to use a non-conductive washer on the back of the mobo,where the ties attatch. And dont forget the TIM on the NB. THE FANMAN:cool:

zip ties eh?
lemme draw a rough diagram tell me if i got ur picture right!

Archilochus me and you never sleep. always see mine and ur name everywhere and look when i signed up and look at my post geezus haha.

I'm surprised they haven't got on you yet for so many threads.
A lot of these are covered in former threads.I'm not trying to be a butt.:D Just a little excessive on the threads! THE FANMAN:cool:

PS: But who wants to read a book?:)

ya i'm kidna just sneaking by....

=\ gotta learn fast somehow it's ok i post lots of threads now later i'll be posting in threads to help so it's all good right =)

Zipties are a great alternative to push pins. Make sure you use a spring with the zipties for the proper tension.

spring where would i place the springs?

i still lhave the springs from my push pins.

my picture is almost done can someone upload for me?

zip ties to tie down the nrothbridge heatsink picture!

did i get it right i hope it helps others int he future as well!

Last edited:
once i get the ok on wher ehte prings go i'll add it to the picture then i'll have a nice beautiful picture for everyoen to see!

northbridge.gif

Thats great Vince.A pic for all to see the zip tie NB mod.Now if the
search function gets used others will have access to it.
THE FANMAN:cool:

why complicate things? just get 2 nuts and 2 bolts - sorted.

You'll also need rubber washers so the nuts don't short the board.

i went to the hardware store and bout the smallest plastic screw they had and it didn't fit =\
metal ones fit put ain't as safe ur choice i did the zip ties i'll take pics this weekend mounted on very nicely and cleany.

also very solid and safe.

Back