• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800-e deluxe UAY??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JelloShot

i read in a newegg review that the UAY version of this board is a cheaper version without ich5r, having ich5 instead. can anyone tell me if this is true?

oh ...and i'm new to the boards, so hello to everyone :D

ive heard that too. just got mine today and its uay but heres what i found how knows if the site is right.uay

this should calm your nerves. off the newegg site.

First an apology to NewEgg and Asus for my 12/10/03 review saying that the motherboard what not what was claimed. I have to wonder about DOH and his 12/7/03 review. He is wrong. The motherboard is what is advertised. I reacted to this earlier review about the ICH5 chipset which is what the P4C800 has, the P4C800-E deluxe has the ICH5R chipset and that is what this board has. Don't be confused by the UAY in the part number or the sticker that is placed on the motherboard box. All is what it should be, nothing funny going on. I still have to install and test the board and will report on that later.

i wuldjust like to agree with the reviewon 12/10/2003 10:52 this board is great and as for doh u really shuld figure out what your talking abought before leaving a review asus uses the suffix uay on almost every box one of the difrence between the p4c800and the p4c800-e is the intell ICH5 and the ICH5R chipsets respectivly basicaly the p4c800-e fixes the problems any 1 had with the p4c800 personaly i think ita great board it HAS and does every thing it says and the new sata raid controller is nicer than the one on the p4g8x works a little smoother anda little bit simpiler to set up +newegg kicks butt in service and price

Back